Mower dies when moved out of park.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Personally, I like my safety switches. I seldom drive off with the brake on,but sometimes do. Those (expensive) little toothed brake locks on HydroGears will not take any abuse and still function. The 'unoccupied seat kill switch' didn't work when I acquired the ztr,but it does now, as does the blade clutch energizer wires that go through all these circuits. Selling a used mower with any of the safeties altered in any way is a legal no-no, and can be expensive when the lawyers get involved.
That what I can't through to customers. It is that know how to disable them but will not for two reason one is safety and the other the liability that I would incur.

And I will not instruct anyone how to disable them. I know my luck and the first time I do it will be an investigator checking me out.

clubairth

Threads
Those are some lugs on those back tires too! I am still using the stock turf style tire to help with lawn damage but it is a trade off and my tires spin way too easy on grass.

mmoffitt

Threads
Adhere to manufacters design/specifications... cause you never know

Traffictech

Threads
I can see both points of view here.
But remember, today we have to put warnings on plastic bags so people wont place them over your heads.

I really miss the days of Lawn darts and Clackers.