Mower deck gets packed with grass - Cub Cadet XT1 (LT50) - Please help!

DELTASCIENCES

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Mower deck gets packed with grass - Cub Cadet XT1 (LT50) - Please help!
Good Morning,
Last summer I purchased a new Cub Cadet XT1 (LT50) that replaced an older Cub Cadet LT1050. Prior to both of these mowers, I've never had an issue with grass accumulating under the mower deck. I spend about 30 minutes performing grass removal after every cut, and it's a pretty big amount that I'm pulling out . Is this an issue with Cub Cadet mowers? It's used to cut two properties that total a little over 2 acres and the salesman said this model would handle the acreage. Also, most of the grass is full sun, but there is an area that gets late sun and might not be as dry as the majority of the area. The grass is being cut at a height between 2.5" to 3". Any ideas of either what might be going on or strategies to combat it? I can't spend another summer up to my elbows in grass stains.

DELTASCIENCES

Forum Newbie
Threads
dont mow wet grass you will have to watch that cub deck like a hawk. i think the same company that paints john deere tractor pioneer brand paints cub. worst paint on market . i have a 25 yr old mtd at shop paint looks like new.
garage kept rinsed off after every use . i have several customers that have lawn care business s i see everything and no mower is made to cut wet grass.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it causes you to loose sleep then get a 4' long air duster & compressor
That will shift fresh grass under a deck in about 3 minutes
While you are there blow down the top , under the belt guards and most important the hydro .

Rickcin

Threads
I’m having the same issue with my CC 42 inch lawn tractor. I installed the best hi lift mulching blades from Amazon along with the CC discharge plug and the grass clipping mounds are left all over my lawn, especially if I back up with the mower. It then leaves a big clump of grass.

Would I be better off using these blades but removing the discharge plug and reinstall the discharge chute? Thanks

Attachments

• 5C007942-CF5F-4D93-8E37-973F0BC86BE9.jpeg
    5C007942-CF5F-4D93-8E37-973F0BC86BE9.jpeg
    542.6 KB · Views: 6

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most often when you see clumping, it is the result of trying to cut too much at a time. The rule most of us use is never remove more than 1/3 of the grass height at a time.

Rickcin

Threads
Most often when you see clumping, it is the result of trying to cut too much at a time. The rule most of us use is never remove more than 1/3 of the grass height at a time.
You are probably right and I need to do something to get a better seal with the mulching plug since grass is always getting stuck in it and squeezing through.

a022mil

Threads
When grass is growing fast in the spring, do not mulch, let it blow out. Do not cut more than 1/3 of the height of the grass, do not cut damp grass, best after 2pm in afternoon’s, all mower’s will still accumulate some grass underneath, clean it out with a paint stick or putty knife, once in probably June when it stop’s growing so fast, start mulching again till leaves are mulched up, when grass is growing fast, I have been cutting it every. 3-4 day’s., I rinse out the bottom of my deck with a hose for 5 minutes, then run it for 5 minutes to dry it being storing till next cut, be certain to let it cool down for 20 minutes before rinsing underneath.

good luck.

Rickcin

Threads
If it causes you to loose sleep then get a 4' long air duster & compressor
That will shift fresh grass under a deck in about 3 minutes
While you are there blow down the top , under the belt guards and most important the hydro .
The hydro being the tranny on each rear wheel thats the drive system? Not understanding what area to blow off?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yep that is exactly what to keep nice & clean

Rickcin

Threads
I do have an Ego battery blower and will use that as well as I’m building a small ramp that will be about 10 inches high so I can get my hand under the deck with a scraper.

It seems whenever I back up when cutting, clumps of grass end up on the newly cut lawn.

Im thinking that a fabricated deck would have given me a better cut than the stamped deck?