Motor stops inadvertently

denisp

Threads
Thank you very much. Weekend project! I will let you know how I make out.
OK, so I drained both fuel tanks. Replaced all the fuel line. But when I went to blow out the elbow that comes out of each fuel tank, there must be a check valve inside the tank. I noticed that there wasn't any air coming out of the top. Pressure was building up in the elbow and when I took the air nossle out of the elbow it blasted a mist of gas into the air. Certainly glad I had safely glasses on! It is still having the same problem. The only thing I have left to do is take the tanks off and remove the elbows from the tank. That scares me because I don't know how I am going to put the elbows back in. They are the opposite corner's of the cap. Any suggestions on that?
Thanks for your help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Neever seen a check valve in a fuel tank
Have seen a lot of debris blocking outlets though
Simple check it to make a bung for your air line to fit fairly tight into the filler hole and bow compressed air into the tank CAEFULLY
If it is a check valve then air should blast out of the elbows
IF it is a blockage the tank will just expand ( can pop thus the "carefully:

denisp

Threads
Neever seen a check valve in a fuel tank
Have seen a lot of debris blocking outlets though
Simple check it to make a bung for your air line to fit fairly tight into the filler hole and bow compressed air into the tank CAEFULLY
If it is a check valve then air should blast out of the elbows
IF it is a blockage the tank will just expand ( can pop thus the "carefully:
I will try that. There can't be that much stuff in the bottom. I'm the one who has put gas in it for 90% of the fills since I've owned the mower. And both tanks? It's really weird. Thank you for the advice!

denisp

Threads

HUSTLER 791277 - FTG FUEL TANK 90 d​

1690308959225.png
This is the part that I am talking about. Would you know how to change this out of the tank without taking the tank off of the mower? There are two saddle tanks and this part goes in the exact opposite end of the tank. Is there a trick to get it to the bottom of the other end?