motion drive belt

rush1981

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was mowing and the motion drivebelt broke. I just replaced the belt thinking i'm gonna be good to go but no. it will not move. I can see the belt moving fine and when I lift up the rear end the tires are moving forward. the manual says to adjust the clutch which I just did (no help) and then the brake rod which I have not done yet, don't think that will help anything. any ideas? is my tranny toast? this is my first riding mower and I have 1+ acre yard.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
After you have done the above and while you are waiting for a response.

Remove both back wheels and see if there is a drive key that has broken

rush1981

Forum Newbie
Threads
After you have done the above and while you are waiting for a response.

Remove both back wheels and see if there is a drive key that has broken

model #536270112, 10hp 30inch. there is a key missing on one of the axels but I think is was missing before the belt snapped but i'm not 100% sure. how important is the key?

gainestruk

Threads
model #536270112, 10hp 30inch. there is a key missing on one of the axels but I think is was missing before the belt snapped but i'm not 100% sure. how important is the key?

The key I very important, it is what makes tire move without it have some one watch the axle and you will see it moving but tire is not, that could be your problem with tractor not moving with new belt.

rush1981

Forum Newbie
Threads
The key I very important, it is what makes tire move without it have some one watch the axle and you will see it moving but tire is not, that could be your problem with tractor not moving with new belt.

yeah I can see how it works after looking at it. seems like it would still move some with one key. i'm going to go search my garage now for missing key. if that is the problem I will jump for joy! been mowing 1+ acre with a walk behind. great exercise but... thanksfor your reply.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
yeah I can see how it works after looking at it. seems like it would still move some with one key. i'm going to go search my garage now for missing key. if that is the problem I will jump for joy! been mowing 1+ acre with a walk behind. great exercise but... thanksfor your reply.

Your mower has a differential is the reason you need two keys, otherwise the rear tires would rip up your lawn then turning.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check inside the wheel, some times they stay in the wheel & some times they stay on the shaft.
New keys are only a few dollars so get one & when you find where yours got to put it in a sandwich bag with a name on it and keep it with your mower spares.

rush1981

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok, this is kind of funny. I went in the garage and found the missing key from one of my rear axels thinking this will be a miracle if it works. it worked! lesson learned, both keys must be in place for mower to move. went to test it out and front tire was totally flat. would not take air at first until I took it off the rim and slowly inflated it. anybody know what these shop guys use to seal these tires? had a front tire that would not take air last year no matter how hard I tried, seal was broken I guess. anyway thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction. I am so happy to have my rider back!