Missing plug

Crane5301

Forum Newbie
Threads
I tried the magnet. I just started to mow the perimeter of my yard. No luck. I think it is a aluminum plug/bolt. Picture #1 is a picture I took from the video and it only showed the plug/bolt for a second. I had to rewind several times just to freeze the frame. It doesn’t show any more of the tag. Honda has so many hydrostatic transmissions. The plug/bolt is on the bottom and I haven’t found a diagram that shows the bottom. I’ve checked pictures of online sales of used Honda trans and still no one shows the bottom. I even called Honda power equipment US headquarters and they could only refer to my local Honda repair shop. The same one I purchased my mower.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are these the part numbers for the parts which were ordered, but wrong?
Honda Bolt A, Plug #HON-90102-VD6-901
Honda O-Ring (6.8X1.9) #HON-91363-VD6-900

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It appears that Honda does not provide the part separate from the case. This why I suggest getting with a Metric tap and die set to size the hole. Apparently no one thought it would get lost.

Is the following where the screw is missing? If so I see no part number or other info on it.

1648642946847.png

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have looked at multiple IPLs and none shows the plug listed in that area. Probably will need to have threading checks by someone with a metric tap and die set to match up the screw needed. I do find it strange that the part is not listed on the IPL.

Since I am not familiar with the Honda walk behinds it does make it a lot harder to give advice. But if you can find another HXA with the drive still in it might also help to identify the missing part.
It appears that Honda does not provide the part separate from the case. This why I suggest getting with a Metric tap and die set to size the hole. Apparently no one thought it would get lost.

Is the following where the screw is missing? If so I see no part number or other info on it.

View attachment 59913
Is it a screw or a non serviceable freeze plug installed at production but non intended to be removed. And a leaking like a freeze plug

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Is it a screw or a non serviceable freeze plug installed at production but non intended to be removed. And a leaking like a freeze plug
Could be, just wish I had one the shop to look at. I haven't seen this the transaxle before so I in the dark here.

Oh well time to hit the wrenches here and try to beat the rain today.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the OP could provide us with a close up picture of that opening, it would give us a better idea of what goes there. In the picture he provided I don’t see any evidence of threads, which would lead to the idea that it may be a freeze plug.

Crane5301

Forum Newbie
Threads
Startech - the diagram looks like my transmission and yes that’s the location of the hole. Here are a few more pictures. Part# I ordered was 91363-VD-900
90102-VD-901 91255-723-671

Attachments

• F44DA4C3-B964-4CD5-AACC-76936F651424.jpeg
    F44DA4C3-B964-4CD5-AACC-76936F651424.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 14

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I did not see threads in that hole when I looked at the photo. A freeze plug would make sense with how it looks. If so and there is a warranty, that is a warranty defect.

ba370ba4-a869-4ea0-88a0-93b9c0e7eeb4-jpeg.59908

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Really can’t tell if there are threads there or not, too dark. There could be a fine thread in those shadows. Definitely can tell it is a different tranny than the one he posted from the internet in an earlier reply.

Crane5301

Forum Newbie
Threads
When my hydrostatic stopped I brought it into the garage and the open hole was the first thing I noticed. It appeared to be a drain plug to my transmission. Today I clean around the hole and took another picture. I’m thinking more of a plug now. To plug what? Transmission has fluid, but still will not engage.