Midnite Rider

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
:newhere: Joined the Lawn Mower forum last month and have been enjoying your knowledge and personalities. I started cutting my grandmothers grass at eleven years old. I had my own business, at twelve years old, pushing a old reliable Snapper up and down our street, cutting the neighbors grass for a dollar or two. That was over forty years ago and although I got out of the business long, long ago, I still enjoy cutting grass and tinkering with my lawn care equipment that I have aquired over the years.
I currently have 6 riding tractors :tractor:. 3 self propelled mowers , 2 push mowers and various implements. Most all of my equipment was used and in need of maintenance allowing me to aquire them for very little or free. I am looking forward to your advice in helping to maintain my lawn equipment and hopefully I can also contribute my knowledge and experience.:smile:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
:welcome:

I'm sure your knowledge will be very useful here!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

You can't have that much stuff without having picked up a LOT of 'know how" along the way... I'm sure you will be a great help for everyone here... :smile:KennyV

Snapperfreak

Threads
Welcome midnite rider. I too have 3 good old snappers from the mid 80s, 2 self-propelled and 1 not, that I have picked up only over the last few years but I've always liked snappers since I was a kid. I have taken them all apart cleaned them up and put them back together and I love cleaning them as much as I do mowing with them. Lately I've been collecting old vintage snapper ads off eBay. Already got a binder started with them. Which walk-behinds do u have? I'll post mine later today. Good day.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome midnite rider. I too have 3 good old snappers from the mid 80s, Which walk-behinds do u have? I'll post mine later today. Good day.

Thanks everyone for Welcoming me to the forum. :cloud9: Snapperfreak, I currently have 1 Snapper self propelled walk behind made in the 80's that I saved from the landfill. It is not at my residence in Georgia. I keep it just across the state line in Alabama on 20 acres of forest land I own. I use it for mowing down weeds that grow on the main trails through the woods in the summer. It takes a lot of abuse and keeps on going. It has no bagger, just the discharge chute. I will get a picture of it to post next week when I head there for some me time. I wish I still had my first snapper pushmower made in the late 60's that I used in the 70's as a lad. It was sold long ago. :frown:

Snapperfreak

Threads
Ya a late 60s snapper would be quite the gem. We all get rid of stuff and regret it sometimes I know. Sorry I haunt posted my model #s yet, been busy but got a few days off and will have time to play around and get all that info on here. I'd like to see any pics of yours that u have. I've tried to upload mi e but for some reason I can't get it to work. I'll keep trying. Anyway, welcome and merry Christmas.