Made stupid mistake! What would my solution be to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Made stupid mistake! What would my solution be to do now?
I now see why you made your first stupid mistake as you can’t read either. I said YOU can add me to your ignore list. Second, if you would look I’ve been here for over 11 years, plus I’ve got over 50 years of working on small engines and small engine equipment. I know that Bert is probably the most respected member of this forum and he doesn’t need any help standing up for his replies, but I can tell you that you can find hundreds of members who have thanked him for his help, myself included. I’m not going to ignore you, as I want to see your next mistake.

satman858

Threads
I now see why you made your first stupid mistake as you can’t read either. I said YOU can add me to your ignore list. Second, if you would look I’ve been here for over 11 years, plus I’ve got over 50 years of working on small engines and small engine equipment. I know that Bert is probably the most respected member of this forum and he doesn’t need any help standing up for his replies, but I can tell you that you can find hundreds of members who have thanked him for his help, myself included. I’m not going to ignore you, as I want to see your next mistake.
So I misread you about the ignore statement you made. I stand up to my mistakes as this thread title is proof of that. I am sorry for one thing. It is that I am not prefect as you are and never make mistakes. WOW!!! you been here a year longer than I have. Want a dinky button. If Bert or you can't help someone without insulting them, you should just move on and not reply at all. Since I am not on your ignore list please put me on it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, ain’t going to happen. Enjoy watching you dig your hole deeper.

satman858

Threads
Sorry, ain’t going to happen. Enjoy watching you dig your hole deeper.
The only thing you are watching is your hand typing keys on your keyboard.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
bertsmobile1,
You know nothing about oil. For you to say that 20W/50W is thicker than the thickest motor oil made in SAE30HD only serves to show you do not know what you talking about. Your last line shows everyone how much of a sick pervert you must be.
Multi-viscosity oils use chemicals called viscosity index improvers to allow the oil to flow differently at different temperatures. For example, they allow a 20W-50 oil to behave like a 20-weight oil when cold and a 50-weight oil when warm.J It was explained like this to me it acts kinda like spagetthi when dry if shrinks and when hot wet it expands. The viscosity improvers shrink when cold and expand when hot.

Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
By they way, my 17 year old 2006 Gravely Promaster 44Z is not still running good, because I don't know anything about lawnmowers.
Not surprised.

satman858

Threads
Multi-viscosity oils use chemicals called viscosity index improvers to allow the oil to flow differently at different temperatures. For example, they allow a 20W-50 oil to behave like a 20-weight oil when cold and a 50-weight oil when warm.J It was explained like this to me it acts kinda like spagetthi when dry if shrinks and when hot wet it expands. The viscosity improvers shrink when cold and expand when hot.

Now that makes complete sense. Even the owners manual says that using multi-grade oils for my engine will increase oil consumption, and to check the oil level more frequently when using them. That is why the Gravely dealer told me 17 years ago when I bought my Gravely new, to use SAE30 because of our very hot and humid climate. Thank you for your reply, hlw49.

Last edited:

satman858

Threads
Not surprised.
Not surprised for what? That cleaning the top of the block and cooling fins periodically worked for me to make make Gravely mower last this long.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not surprised for what? That cleaning the top of the block and cooling fins periodically worked for me to make make Gravely mower last this long.
Love the drive you have. Just wish it pertained to mowers of some kind. Now go fix your mower. (y)

satman858

Threads
Love the drive you have. Just wish it pertained to mowers of some kind. Now go fix your mower. (y)
Read my other post Slomo, the mower is fixed. (y)

Satman,
I replaced the Hydro filter, refilled it with the Mobile 1 15w50 full synthetic motor oil I had left from my 5 quart container, and purge the system by way of the bypass valves. I cut my 2 acres of land here at home, and everything turned out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.