LT2700 Silver Eagle battery

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I charged the battery up to 13.2 volts. It dropped to 10.3 after starting with cleaned cables and using dielectric grease. What does that mean? Thanks for helping
Most likely, your valves are out of adjustment. I know, what valves..... While you are at it, clean the engine block cooling fins. Remove the engine shroud. Look for grass, oil, mice, dirt dobber nests, grease, or any other filth around the fins. Look all AROUND the cylinder/s. Over heating can lead to valve seats popping out and so on.

slomo

Graeden

Threads
If you completely drain a lead acid battery, talking stone dead, it will not fully recover in the amp hour rating. In other words, NEVER come back to 100% fighting capability.

slomo
Yet that is not the claim you made. Show me proof that a battery is destroyed within w4 hrs after complete discharge.
Google battery sulfation and learn. So now you prove which batteries are best - All I am saying is Interstate is not inferior, nor did I say Deka was, all I said is (all lead acid) batteries can be damaged by being dead and allow Sulfation to progress. This is a known chemical process. Foot in mouth is not my disease.
View attachment 56031
I stated Interstate is inferior to East Penn/Deka & Odyssey. Take your own advice and use google. I never initiated a conversation with you, I simply stated to the op that Interstate is inferior to other brands. You decided to insert yourself into the conversation with a Maren attitude.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yet that is not the claim you made. Show me proof that a battery is destroyed within w4 hrs after complete discharge.

I stated Interstate is inferior to East Penn/Deka & Odyssey. Take your own advice and use google. I never initiated a conversation with you, I simply stated to the op that Interstate is inferior to other brands. You decided to insert yourself into the conversation with a Maren attitude.
Take a crescent wrench. Drop it across the + and - terminals. Leave it for several hours. Sure it will charge back up. Will it ever be back at full capacity? No. Do that a few times in sub zero weather. Good luck with it.

The word "destroy" was never stated/typed buy anyone in this thread but you. Slow down and read what was stated/typed again.

Battery brands mean nothing. It's not a 100% golden cookie that if you get brand purple, it will last 7 years (you insert a number here) or start on a dead cold winter morning.

slomo

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Brand is "superduperbestest" made with only the finest rare earth chinesium components by virgins in a monastery in the Himalayan mountains.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
What we sell for them is the Interstate SP35. If you want a higher cranking amp go up to the SP40. But the SP35 works just fine

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did you guys hear what happened to Betty Crocker. She went Stir crazy. LOL