LT1000 (31C707) Acts like valves need adjustment

350Rocket

Threads
If your ACR on the cam took a dump.... I wouldn't run that engine at all. Those lil pieces will cause more damage ...... It does pay to tear it down and replace the the cam instead of swapping to a new engine ..... I have sold many of cams for those model engines.....
I agree...a replacement used engine could have the same issue in the near future and also could have had poor maintenance.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
If your ACR on the cam took a dump.... I wouldn't run that engine at all. Those lil pieces will cause more damage ...... It does pay to tear it down and replace the the cam instead of swapping to a new engine ..... I have sold many of cams for those model engines.....
Boudreaux!? how in the world are ya? good to "see" ya...

dahyippur

Threads
This engine was not treated well before I found it. I put on a new head, lapped the valves, replaced broken push rods, and rebuilt the carb a few years ago. Idea of a new machine or a new engine is pretty appealing at this point

350Rocket

Threads
This engine was not treated well before I found it. I put on a new head, lapped the valves, replaced broken push rods, and rebuilt the carb a few years ago. Idea of a new machine or a new engine is pretty appealing at this point
In that case new machine or new engine at least. Could be fixing one thing after another on that engine.