Looking to buy a zero turn or tight turn mower. Need some help

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Looking to buy a zero turn or tight turn mower. Need some help
If you put a bagger on make sure you add some weights to the front or you will spend a lot of time looking at the sky.
You will like the easy deck coupling.
Get some 2 x 4 ' s twice as long as the deck is wide.
Slip them under the deck and drop the deck onto them then uncouple and slide it out on the wood like rails

logert gogert

Threads
He won’t use the washout system because he knows better. You do because you are 13 and don’t know better, or did your bother type that answer too.
Okay.....I see how it is .....?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now I see how you work Logert. You post something, then realize what you did, delete it and post something else hoping no one saw it. Sorry I saw it and I guess you don’t want anyone see why I posted what I did. Your age and inexperience is showing.

logert gogert

Threads
Guys......I did NOT post the spark plug question, you have to believe me.

And what’s wrong with using the deck hose fitting?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why would you not use the deck cleaning hose function?
Personally, I put the deck all the way down, hook the hose up, turn it on, engage the pot like your supposed to, and it works GREAT

What happens when metal gets wet?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I ended up buying the cub cadet ztr1 50 with the fabricated deck yesterday. I'm very meticulous with my snowmobiles, atvs and power equipment so I think it should last me wuote awhile. I'll use my air hose on it after every use and I wont use the deck wash system. I work on all my own toys so I'll pull the deck off a few times throughout the season and clean the deck etc. Like i said my lawn is pretty flat so I don't think it will get beat up too bad. I also used a 10% competitor coupon so I saved myself some money there. Now I just need to buy a striping kit and possibly a bagger. I have my atv that I'll use to pull my cart around the yard for debris pickup. I appreciate the help guys

Cutting the grass and leaving it on the lawn, is good fertilizer. Not to mention that layer of grass clippings helps to hold the moisture in & around the root system.
If it's the lines of dead grass that are unattractive, then you can raise the chute about half way, and it'll scatter instead of piling up in lines.

Lph008

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cutting the grass and leaving it on the lawn, is good fertilizer. Not to mention that layer of grass clippings helps to hold the moisture in & around the root system.
If it's the lines of dead grass that are unattractive, then you can raise the chute about half way, and it'll scatter instead of piling up in lines.
I want the bagger for the leaves during fall season. I probably wont bother with the bagger after reading quite a few bad reviews. I like that 2x4 idea though. As far as the deck wash, I could I imagine there would be issues with moisture getting trapped under grass on the deck. Therefore rusting prematurely.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I want the bagger for the leaves during fall season. I probably wont bother with the bagger after reading quite a few bad reviews. I like that 2x4 idea though. As far as the deck wash, I could I imagine there would be issues with moisture getting trapped under grass on the deck. Therefore rusting prematurely.

Mulching the leaves has the same fertilizer effect.

On a personal note, I like the looks of leaves covering the yard. Not to mention, it's good ground cover for the grass and roots.

logert gogert

Threads
What happens when metal gets wet?
yeah but it dries off.....

and what about when you cut grass and leave the packed up grass on the inside of the deck? the moisture gets trapped in there and rusts it too

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hot bearings vs cold water. Seen this on many Jeep front spindlers over the years too. Cool that bearing down quickly and it pulls water through the seals due to contraction of air space in the bearing. You can do it, I don't.