Looking for a recoil starter assembly from a Walmart Briggs & Stratton lawnmower

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Looking for a recoil starter assembly from a Walmart Briggs & Stratton lawnmower
I don't think I have ever seen one of the cups cause issues. what happens a lot is the starter rope is connected to the handle, and as the mower is pushed the handle moves up and down which pulls the starter rope a small amount which in some cases will cause the starter pawls to rub against the starter cup causing damage.

And you were missing the 0. instead of 13 019 it was 13 0109 on the serial number And be aware that sometimes changing the starter assembly may not be faster or more economical. Sometimes those rivets don't cooperate and will spin after being partially drilled, Basically I guess I am saying that the internal parts of the starter complete with a new starter rope can be installed in the time it takes to drill the rivets and then bolt the new starter to the blower housing.

wnlewis

Threads
  • / Looking for a recoil starter assembly from a Walmart Briggs & Stratton lawnmower
OK. That sounds reasonable.

I have put the parts on order and added a 691915 starter rope grip and a 697316 starter rope.

Thank you for the good advice.

wnlewis

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow, she's filthy.

wnlewis

Threads
Excellent! Thank you!
I will try to line up some time today and start cleaning with the one that I am working on for my friend.
Oil changes are my bane.
What do you know about either vacuum oil sucking systems or adding drain plugs on the bottom of an engine?
wnlewis

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
What do you know about either vacuum oil sucking systems
Love my Briggs and Stratton 4 liter pump. If you have 5 mowers like I do, a sump pump evac kit is a MUST.

1657292099040.png

wnlewis

Threads
Love my Briggs and Stratton 4 liter pump. If you have 5 mowers like I do, a sump pump evac kit is a MUST.

View attachment 61415
I will have to check, but I believe that the "generic" version of this is made in Emporia, Kansas. They make several different sizes. Thanks for nudging me. I need one of these to take better care of my equipment. Thanks!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I will have to check, but I believe that the "generic" version of this is made in Emporia, Kansas. They make several different sizes. Thanks for nudging me. I need one of these to take better care of my equipment. Thanks!
Hose is long enough to work on your car too.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Excellent! Thank you!
I will try to line up some time today and start cleaning with the one that I am working on for my friend.
Oil changes are my bane.
What do you know about either vacuum oil sucking systems or adding drain plugs on the bottom of an engine?
wnlewis
in 11 years I have not touched an oil drain
Boating shops will heave a better range of oil pumps and usually cheaper than mower shops
I have 4 a 2 liter, 2 x 6 litres 1x 10 litres
Good for cleaning up fluid spills on the workshop floor and degassing resin mixes as well

Threads
I'm not sure why you need a new recoil starter, it looks like your rope broke off, you can easily replace it with new rope from any hardware store. take a part of the rope for reference with you and bring it to find the correct size.
edit: just saw you already rigged up nylon rope and a piece of wood for a handle, is the spring inside broken/rusty?

wnlewis

Threads
I'm not sure why you need a new recoil starter, it looks like your rope broke off, you can easily replace it with new rope from any hardware store. take a part of the rope for reference with you and bring it to find the correct size.
edit: just saw you already rigged up nylon rope and a piece of wood for a handle, is the spring inside broken/rusty?
The new parts are in place and it was a good thing that the old parts got replaced. The pawls were missing, the cover over the pawls was shot. The recoil spring was not very good. There was no pull handle and the cord was too short to reach the handle of the lawn mower.