Looking for a 21 Inch mower for under $600

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I run a early 80's toro the original proline for my business. Cast deck, BBC, 3 speed trans, 5hp 4cyl Suzuki engine never bogs down bags, mulches anything I want :)

Looks like you are running a 30 year old Toro mower. Now how much more you want out of a different brand? Is this a 21 in with a 3 speed trans? BBC?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would like to get a new 21 mower that is somewhat commercial for about 600
Any suggestions out there
Thanks Kodie

The toro's under 600 are not close to commercial quality.. sorry

I have to go along with Exotion, a commercial mower at that price unless you buy used your not going to find. The Honda's can't be bought for that price, I think they start at something like $800 and go up to like $1100 that said if all you want to spend is the $600 there are some nice higher end residential mowers that can be purchased for that.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I have to go along with Exotion, a commercial mower at that price unless you buy used your not going to find. The Honda's can't be bought for that price, I think they start at something like $800 and go up to like $1100 that said if all you want to spend is the $600 there are some nice higher end residential mowers that can be purchased for that.

Honda sell a Hrx that is around 650 but I know I am not getting true commercial I don't use a 21
Enough to buy one in the 1200 range

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like you are running a 30 year old Toro mower. Now how much more you want out of a different brand? Is this a 21 in with a 3 speed trans? BBC?

Difference is the new ones are not comparable to the old ones. I've used quite a few newer ressy toros no good..

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I am looking at a hrr or hrx

I found out that they bot have metal gears in them an are well made :biggrin:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The hrx is much better than the hrr. That being said the hrr has served me commercially very well. No major repairs I just take good care of it. The hrx does have a more powerful engine with ball bearing wheels with rubber tires

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I may get a hrx then
It will be a few week before I buy so I will post when I do