Loncin G300FA

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Needing IPL for the Loncin G300FA engine.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
i've been able to get information from them before... google translate is sometimes needed.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is this the same engine as the 301cc Predator?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Oh well just the customer the bad news that I can't get the parts and his two year log splitter is unrepairable in my shop. Maybe he can find someone better at guessing as to what parts work correctly in his engine.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Oh well just the customer the bad news that I can't get the parts and his two year log splitter is unrepairable in my shop. Maybe he can find someone better at guessing as to what parts work correctly in his engine.
I get at least one of these a month
"But the shop told me Honda parts will fit "
So I take them inside to the Honda section that has about 200 bins and ask them which would they like me to use
IF they persist then they get told to go back to the shop and get me a Hond part number and if that part fits & works I will do the repair for free .
And to enforce this I write that on the quote ( which I charge for )
Not a single person has ever come back .
Well to be truthful a couple have come back and they were told "We dont handle that model any more "

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I get at least one of these a month
"But the shop told me Honda parts will fit "
So I take them inside to the Honda section that has about 200 bins and ask them which would they like me to use
IF they persist then they get told to go back to the shop and get me a Hond part number and if that part fits & works I will do the repair for free .
And to enforce this I write that on the quote ( which I charge for )
Not a single person has ever come back .
Well to be truthful a couple have come back and they were told "We dont handle that model any more "
Honda parts between other Honda mowers often don’t even fit. Just like John Deere, very proprietary with parts. Some people have little to no knowledge, yet seem to have all the answers. I had a potential customer just this week come in with hydro transaxle issue. After going back and forth for some time, I finally looked at him at said, “I think we need to set some realistic expectations so we are on the same page for your mower.” After some more back and forth I told him he needs to take it to XYZ shop and I couldn’t help him. Went back out to say no hard feelings and shake his hand as he was loading Mower on trailer. He refused to shake my hand. Never raised my voice or cursed one time. Not a customer I want. Learning to say NO, professionally and firmly, is an extremely valuable skill when running a small business.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes I had customers like that. They think just because I work on equipment that I know everything and where to get all the parts. Well that is impossible to do; although, I have become fairly good at sourcing parts.

But Tiger you can only do so much to help someone. Some potential customers are just the ones you don't need. Some understands that we are not miracle workers and others just think if push hard enough we can do miracles.

Just recently I had one my barred customers to show up with an Echo trimmer. It was unrepairable due a NLA coil. When I to log it in my computer it had a flag on his account so I read it. It was about none payment for a part purchase. He had lied back then when he got the part. I confronted him about it and said he was going to bring in a JD F510. He denied ever being the person that failed to pay. Well I drove by his home the other day and sure enough he was the person I thought he was and the F510 was sitting on his front lawn. That was over a month ago and he still hasn't come back for me to run him off. He just has to find someone else to fix it. I don't need deadbeat customers.

And I just had to walk away from a new neighbor yesterday. Started shouting at me like he wanted to talk and then he started right off spewing politics. I don't discuss politics or religion for a reason. It causes to many hard feelings. I just don't get it. It not just one person in DC that is the problem, it is all of them. Just one giant daycare center. Sooner or later they will come their senses and start working for us instead against us. Until then we are not going get a thing done. There is very little the common person can do about it except to show their backsides. The way politics are going now it would not be surprising we don't have more armed conflicts because of all the lies told and brainwashing going on. So much killing in the name of religion is another reason I won't discuss religion. People can have their politics and religion, just leave me out of it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Might try this company. https://engine4less.com/LONCIN-HORIZONTAL-CRANKSHAFT/
Might also try Karcher, as I’ve found that they use that engine On some of their pressure washers.
Rivets finally found the part list embedded a Karcher pressure part list. Extracted the three pages and created a stand alone engine IPL. So Far I would need to order the parts from a Karcher parts source as the PNs are Karcher's PNs.