Good job enjoying and creating with what's available... I like it!
Thanks Bange,Good job enjoying and creating with what's available... I like it!
I just don't think it's necessary to sharpen much beyond the original size.
I think we all know that the end of the blade does the majority of the cutting, but I'm curious as to how blade manufacturers decide what length to make the edge when the blade is made? I've read advertising BS regarding an "extended cutting length" on a blade that had an edge all the way to the center hole, which accomplishes nothing. I've even seen pics of blades where the cutting edge extended past the center hole, which I guess technically accomplishes less than nothing since anything on the other side of the center hole is moving AWAY from the grass as the blade spins.That was the original edge length for the Honda HRX blade. I didn't add anything to it.
No worries, I agree that anything beyond the few inches at the end of the blade probably isn't doing much.Excuse my ignorance regarding your original blade... I've seen videos where people sharpen beyond what is necessary or efficient.View attachment 64195
I do not do the extra actually included things like cleaning even they are in for repair.Here's how things are... your customer gave you the machine for a repair, not to clean or wash... but you cleaned and washed... was it necessary to carry out the repair? Almost certainly not, you do it to add a differential to your work, but you spent time and at least water… congratulations, nothing against that.
But in the time spent for this “plus”, you could have sharpened a set or two of blades…
Yes, each one has its “hang-ups”…
I don't have your experience in sharpening to ensure that cracks only occur on the polished points in normal use... just like an automotive grinder shop, I prefer to use a chemical crack developer, as it doesn't hurt, it covers my lack of experience in the matter , in addition to my poor vision due to age.