Leaking Fuel pump

There many good brand of sealant out there. Just make sure it is compatible to gasoline. As said on a earlier post #3 Permatex is one of many. You just want something that is removable.

Thanks for the tip on Permatex #3. Our local parts store is pretty limited on their selection, but we will be going up to the city next week, so I'll stop at a couple of bigger stores, and check on this brand...and any others they have. Now that I've taken this pump apart, its a pretty easy job, so I'll look for a better sealant, and put new "innards" in the pump, and hopefully that should prep me for having this generator ready to go if we need it.
 
Heh.... I just know I m not on the right "stuff" to make the 2.5K post club...!

FWIW,,, yer missing the point. No matter... small bananas in terms of generating
commerce.

KK

Permatex has been around as long as I can remember . As I recall back in the 50's Permatex came in three numbers 1,2,and 3. They still are making the same products today so they must be good. Just couldn't resist the #3 Permatex remark. :ashamed:
 
Permatex has been around as long as I can remember . As I recall back in the 50's Permatex came in three numbers 1,2,and 3. They still are making the same products today so they must be good. Just couldn't resist the #3 Permatex remark. :ashamed:

My apologies.. the joke got lost winging it's way through Bueonos Aires..heh heh.

#3 is approved for use in combustion engines by aerospace bodies.
Important as you would well know you cannot prevent "sealant" residing
internally on a gasket/seal. #3 will not migrate to cotterpin ends or bearing
shell oilway paths, or waterpump/fuel pump/carby sleeves and screens.

It's just a bugger to use some days, don't cleanup so good, hence other
'sealants' get popularity, regardless of unsuitability.
But you yourself know all this ;-)

No harm done... Cheers

KK
 
A couple of days ago, I sent Briggs and Stratton an E-mail, asking them if they knew of a replacement Part Number that is a direct replacement for these older style fuel pumps. Today, I got a response back...and it is "Informative"...Quote...

"Unfortunately, Briggs and Stratton Does NOT assist with part selection/identification. If you have a part that appears to have changed in design, please contact a local dealer for further assistance"

WOW! If B&S corporate doesn't track changes in parts design, How in the World is a dealer supposed to have such information??? This tells me that the next time I am contemplating buying a unit with a small engine...mower, etc., It would probably be a good idea to consider a unit that uses an engine other than B&S.
 
Back
Top