leak

earnest t bass

Threads
I have a lawnboy 10515 1994 leaking mix through the bottom of the deck. I think it might be coming through the muffler via exhaust port. I hope not. if it is whats happening and how to fix. Maybye I'm wrong and it's the bottom seal? any suggestions

Born2Mow

Threads
Anytime the fuel tank is above the carb, gravity can help force fuel (or in this case fuel "mix") to flow into the engine. This is often assisted by a tiny piece of trash stuck in the carb's float valve.

You should 1) add a manual fuel ON/OFF valve between the carb and fuel tank, and then 2) start using it religiously.

kkNKkyJh.jpg

earnest t bass

Threads
i hahe a shut off on the tank ill try that however it only does it after its been running

earnest t bass

Threads
ports are not clogged already checked. how does the carb flood i put in new seat and needle and gave it a good cleaning did i overlook something?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you drain the crank cases ?
I can open up a Victa and find 1" of mix sitting in the bottom of the cases , even on a mower that has not been used for a long time .

earnest t bass

Threads
2 cycle you'll ha ve to forgive my ignorance im new to this where is the crank case?

intruder1500

Threads
Anytime the fuel tank is above the carb, gravity can help force fuel (or in this case fuel "mix") to flow into the engine. This is often assisted by a tiny piece of trash stuck in the carb's float valve.

You should 1) add a manual fuel ON/OFF valve between the carb and fuel tank, and then 2) start using it religiously.

kkNKkyJh.jpg
I've installed that particular shutoff on both of my 10525's. Works great!

Born2Mow

Threads
How does the carb flood i put in new seat and needle and gave it a good cleaning did i overlook something?
2 huge holes in your logic...
► Your root assumption is that float needles and seats are perfect and infallible.

► You are also forgetting about GRAVITY, which is on the job 24/7/365. As it has been since it was first discovered in 1679.

PS. I'm fairly sure Newton discovered gravity in 1679, because there were no lawn mower engines reported with "fuel wet sumping" issues before that year. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: