lcd screen said chg oil

2ball

Well-Known Member
So My led screen said CNG OIL. It did it for the whole hour right after I hit 550 hours.
There is no intelligence in that right?
It probably displays that every 50 hours?
It wasent because the engine go hot or somehow it knew my oil was old?
and there is no way to reset it like a car?

also 48 oz for my mower seems like a lot.
will there be an issue if I over fill it?
 
I bought a used engine, ithe stamp on the valve cover is rusted over, but it is an I/C 17.5 HP B and S. It does not have an oil filter. I searched I/C 17.5 and the internet said 48 oz oil capacity.
That was the standard engine on the older John Deere D100.
 
I bought a used engine, ithe stamp on the valve cover is rusted over, but it is an I/C 17.5 HP B and S. It does not have an oil filter. I searched I/C 17.5 and the internet said 48 oz oil capacity.
Standard is 42 ounces without filter. At least for the OHV single cylinders.
 
My new Liberty is @ 18 hours, & the hour meter is flashing "Oil in 2.0 hours"..

I did the early 8 hour oil & filter change, & know this warning will stop when I hit 20+ hours, so no worries..
 
Back
Top