Lawn Boy Model 7035 Carb Question

Landngroove

Threads
I have a Lawn Boy model 7035 (1986) I have had to change the speed control lever, on the carburetor. I looked up the part on the Lawn Boy website, and came up with part # 611070. I ordered this part, and when I received it, it is different than the original. I checked "Partstree" and they also, give part # 611070. Could it be that Lawnboy changed the carburetor from the original, and this newer lever is for a newer carb., or is there another explanation for this change?

Fireman 123

Threads
Make sure you weren't shipped the wrong part. Is it possible the one you had wasn't the original? If it fits and functions, use it. Hope I was of some help.

Landngroove

Threads
Thanks for the reply: I am the original owner, and have always done all work on this machine, so I know it was original. And yes, I did check to see if I was shipped the wrong part, but it is part #611070. The replacemrnt part I have will lock in for low speed, but because of its configuration, it wont lock in on high speed. It slides left- right. All the way left is low speed, and all the way right is high. :confused:

Fireman 123

Threads
Hmmm....is the spring on the air vane governor adjusted properly? The only other thing you could try is s search of model #s close to yours to see if you can find the part # of what you had originally and order a new one.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Landngroove: that's so cool that you're the original owner of a 1986 model 7035. :thumbsup:

I wish I could answer your question but all I can offer is to suggest that sometimes, with older machines, it's necessary to do a little bit of adapting -- fabricate a part or work with what you have in an unconventional way.

Please keep us posted on your progress and put up a picture of your mower if possible.

Landngroove

Threads
Here are some pics of my Lawn Boy. I bought this new in 1986, and have done all maintenance/repairs on it, since new. Also pics of the speed control lever. A piece of the old one is missing/broken. The new one appears to be opposit in configuration of the old one. On another topic, I just saw "True Grit" (2010) Excellent Movie !! *****

Attachments

• Lawn Boy 001.jpg
    Lawn Boy 001.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Lawn Boy 003.jpg
    Lawn Boy 003.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Lawn Boy 005.jpg
    Lawn Boy 005.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 14
  • Lawn Boy 004.jpg
    Lawn Boy 004.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Lawn Boy 007.jpg
    Lawn Boy 007.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Lawn Boy 008.jpg
    Lawn Boy 008.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 18

Fireman 123

Threads
Just watched the movie myself and I agree. I see what you're talking about here. The only thing I know to do is email that pic to the co that sold you the part. If it wasn't a nos lawn boy piece, they may have a production problem from their supplier. Or perhaps you were just lucky enough to get a bad part, formed backwards. It's worth a shot.

Landngroove

Threads
Went on Ebay and found a Lawnboy speed control lever #611070. There was a picture of it, and it is the same as the new part that I have. This makes me think that there has been a change in the carburetor, or linkage since my machine was new.

deberle

Forum Newbie
Threads
The replacement part that you recieved is #610832, this is used on '82 mowers. The part you need is a 611070 which was used on '83 and up The parts are similar looking but has an oppisite spring retainer. You may need to get this part from a dealer or a more repatable online store.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
The replacement part that you recieved is #610832, this is used on '82 mowers. The part you need is a 611070 which was used on '83 and up The parts are similar looking but has an oppisite spring retainer. You may need to get this part from a dealer or a more repatable online store.

Welcome to the forum. It's great to have a new member who knows a lot about Lawn-Boy mowers.

Where are you in Alabama? I have a place in Cleburne County -- near the GA/AL line not too far north of I-20.