Lawn-Boy 7268 Restomod Odyssey - Grab some popcorn and your favorite beverage!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Lawn-Boy 7268 Restomod Odyssey - Grab some popcorn and your favorite beverage!
The defined Spring, Summer, Autumn, & Winter seasons aren't based on when anyone experiences annual changes. These seasons are based on where the Earth is around the Sun. So everywhere on Earth has this particular set of seasons, with the Southern hemisphere obviously seeing the opposite of the Northern hemisphere. But I understand what you are saying. "Season" has lots of meanings. Rugby season. Planting season. Baseball season. Harvest. None of them are necessarily fixed with respect to the equinoxes/solstices. For that reason there's no reason there has to be a particular count of annual seasons, or fixed length of each one. There's dozens of sets of seasons, I expect.

That ride is way over 2,000 miles. And there's lots of wilderness. Vintage bikes. There HAS to be a bunch of safety vehicles follow you all, right?

Even if you count the hours of sunlight, the sun rise & sun set that are not symetrical nor constant year in year out.
They are an invention of man to put order into nature that is not there apart from the equinoxes which from memory also shift around a bit .
The point was they are for all practical purposes meaningless yet we infer meaning on them that is not there , Apart from being x days from salstus .
The "western seasons" do not take into account the earths wobble and tilt variations .

As for the ride, very much the same as the USA Cannonball & I rather think the organizers are Aussies who have competed in it .
So no back up apart from what you take yourself .
Way back in 1948 BSA did an ACU observed round Australia reliability ride on rigid 125cc BSA Bantams
In 2018 there was a re-enactement ride which I signed up for but could not make for financial reasons
Australia was always popular for torture testing motor vehicles.
All major factories have research facilities down here.

2smoked

Threads
  • / Lawn-Boy 7268 Restomod Odyssey - Grab some popcorn and your favorite beverage!
Fuzzy, your thread title was correct from the start. I’m on my second bowl of popcorn....

FuzzyDriver

Threads
Thanks, 2smoked. Your dry humor is very much appreciated. ;)