Lawn Boy 22261 coil problem or ??

Jean-Marc

Threads
Thanks; Yes the vane moves freely; I did install the carb as received ; Is it possible that the spring is not right ? maybe.. But when i turn CW the click wheel the spring tension increase , seems to be normal ; What else should i look at for the governor installation ?

bogdaN

Threads
W hen you got new carb and looking in that butterfly should be wide open.

bogdaN

Threads
I hope there is no leak,did you installed new gasket mounting carb.

Jean-Marc

Threads
Yes it is wide open and all gaskets new are installed ; I wonder about the ignition coil ,, Could it gives this kind of behaviour ?

bogdaN

Threads
yes i think you cover everything.I did cooked old lawnboy coils from 80s and 90s and had pretty good lock with them.Once did for neighbor and last for 10 years or more.New generation coils made different,so yes shop for new coil.

Jean-Marc

Threads
Ok fine ,
i will order a new coil and let you know , Thanks

Jean-Marc

Threads
I did check again the spark on sparkplug remove and grounded : It seems very good and regular ;I remove the air filter, to look at the butterfly and inside carb. When i start the mower (high speed) it seems the engine is not able to reach the high rpm (vane at right ,view from rear) Then after about 2 mnures rpm rise and reach normal speed operation(vane full left ) . Then after, the engine will slow down ,very slow and lot of smoke ..
My question is a ignition coil can make this kind of engine run ? Thanks

bogdaN

Threads
do you still have old carb,see and compere set up, tension of the spring.The engine speed changing I would say not coil.Had once coil that engine start and run half speed,new coil made in China.After all that I would start checking crank seals.

Jean-Marc

Threads
Yes this make sense ; The old carb is very similar to the new one also for tension (the old has the needle seat and float very rusty..) I never had to check crank seals before ; Is the upper one the one to check first ?
This is strange, I have 6 Lawn Boy now , (some for parts ) , all older then this 22261 , and never had a situation like this ;
This is my first 22261 series and I begin to dislike it a bit...

Jean-Marc

Threads
I will check at the governor operation and spring condition ...