Repairs lawn boy 10415

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Nozzle goes straight up the center of the carb. Probably red. You should be able to pull it out.

jrogers297

Forum Newbie
Threads
I checked the nozzle, dismantled carb again, and mower wont start. It seems like its not getting spark, how do i check spark?

Fireman 123

Threads
Take the spark plug out and attach it to the plug wire. There should be a visible arc, and a "snap" sound at the electrode of the plug when you pull the starter rope.

jrogers297

Forum Newbie
Threads
I didn't get a spark or hear a pop. When testing for spark do I need to ground the plug? I was searching on the net to see if anybody else experienced this problem and i came across quite a few people with problems with the coil. The two things to be tried was using a hair dyer to heat up the coil and a similar idea is to "bake" your coil using an oven.? Is this a valid fix? Is this safe to do? Incidently i tried the hair dyer idea and it worked all be it was not the smoothest start. Does the fact that the hair dyer worked help me with the diagnosis and/or the permmanent repair needed?

Rudedog

Threads
I didn't get a spark or hear a pop. When testing for spark do I need to ground the plug? I was searching on the net to see if anybody else experienced this problem and i came across quite a few people with problems with the coil. The two things to be tried was using a hair dyer to heat up the coil and a similar idea is to "bake" your coil using an oven.? Is this a valid fix? Is this safe to do? Incidently i tried the hair dyer idea and it worked all be it was not the smoothest start. Does the fact that the hair dyer worked help me with the diagnosis and/or the permmanent repair needed?

I know that they bake a coil from time to time on old chainsaws. Remove the coil and heat it up with a in the oven at 150 degrees for an hour or two. Then seal the unit with a "Conformal coating" or a very thin epoxy and reinstall it and set the air gap this will bring them back to life 50% of the time. This would be my last ditch effort before tossing it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You must ground the plug. Baking the coil and/or using a hairdryer are garage mechanic stuff and you will not get a good results. Plus you can do more damage if not careful. Ground the plug with the kill wire off and if no spark replace the coil. Any mechanic worth a penny would test it this way.

Rudedog

Threads
I agree with Rivets 100%. I was just answering the question if it was possible.