Repairs lawn boy 10415

jrogers297

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower won't start. The primer bulb had cracked rubber bulb so i replaced it, it seems to be very slow to respond when i depress it and it doesn't seem like it is priming. I am not sure how to check if it is getting spark or not. How do i check? Does anyone have another suggestion? I will need a big farm field mower pretty soon! Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

jrogers297

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower won't start. The primer bulb had cracked rubber bulb so i replaced it, it seems to be very slow to respond when i depress it and it doesn't seem like it is priming. I am not sure how to check if it is getting spark or not. How do i check? Does anyone have another suggestion? I will need a big farm field mower pretty soon! Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

I was able to get mower started, after cutting grass for an hour i was mowing for 30' & it stopped. It seemed as though it ran out of gas, still had 1/2 a tank. I have been able to start but same thing happens. Has anyone experienced this? What to do?

Rudedog

Threads
My mower won't start. The primer bulb had cracked rubber bulb so i replaced it, it seems to be very slow to respond when i depress it and it doesn't seem like it is priming.

My experience with this in 2 cycles is that you need to clean the carb. It is "slow to respond" because fuel is not flowing through the carb properly.

jrogers297

Forum Newbie
Threads
I removed and cleaned the carb, replaced two gaskets, and filled gas tank with fresh fuel. The lawn mower started, after 5 or 6 primes, but only ran for <3'. I have heard the engine coil is often found to be bad, can an engine coil work sometime then stop? How do i check the engine coil?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have a plastic carb, there is a jet on the left side of the carb, under the decal, which needs to be cleaned. As for a farm field mower check out the Kubota's with a tow behind mower.

jrogers297

Forum Newbie
Threads
I removed the carb, plastic, and used a carb cleaner spray go clean every single nook & crannie. I reassembled it and after 5 or 6 pulls it started and ran for about a minute.???

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you find that jet under the decal on the left side of the carb. It has a very small hole in the center that loves to plug up.

Fireman 123

Threads
That mower should have the F series engine. To the best of my knowledge, the jet behind the decal of the plastic carbs are found on the Duraforce powered models. They have a wider bolt pattern as well, and will not fit the F engines.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you replace the rubber o-ring on the nozzle and make sure that it is seated tightly when you reassembled it. If it is not tight, you will have an internal air leak.

jrogers297

Forum Newbie
Threads
I replaced the gasket btwn carb & motor & the gasket btwn the top plastic part & the bottom plastic part that encases the float. I am not sure what the "rubber o ring on the nozzle" is?