Kohler KT735-3012 starting problem.

rick10s

Threads
My lawn tractor was running fine 3 weeks ago when I parked it. Wouldn't start this morning. Checked plugs and filter both are good. After spraying starting fluid into carb. Started right up and continued to run. Shut it off after 5 minutes and tired restart. No luck. Went the spray route again and it ran. Any ideas?
Thanks

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
See Troubleshooting KT735 & Fuel System pages 15-33.

Last edited:

Bertrrr

Threads
Sounds like a fuel pump or carb problem , I'd make sure the fuel pump is working first off , then look at the carb

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check to make sure your choke is coming on.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
check that the choke cable is closing the choke fully

rick10s

Threads
Sounds like a fuel pump or carb problem , I'd make sure the fuel pump is working first off , then look at the carb
My lawn tractor was running fine 3 weeks ago when I parked it. Wouldn't start this morning. Checked plugs and filter both are good. After spraying starting fluid into carb. Started right up and continued to run. Shut it off after 5 minutes and tired restart. No luck. Went the spray route again and it ran. Any ideas?
Thanks
Thanks for the reply.
What I don't understand is why it runs after starting with the starting spray. It literally runs until I shut it down but absolutely will not start without the spray. If I was having carb or fuel pump problems would it at the minimum run rough?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Because you need to apply choke for starting and restarts.