Export thread

Kohler KT735-3012 starting problem.

R

rick10s

My lawn tractor was running fine 3 weeks ago when I parked it. Wouldn't start this morning. Checked plugs and filter both are good. After spraying starting fluid into carb. Started right up and continued to run. Shut it off after 5 minutes and tired restart. No luck. Went the spray route again and it ran. Any ideas?
Thanks

M

mechanic mark

See Troubleshooting KT735 & Fuel System pages 15-33.

B

Bertrrr

Sounds like a fuel pump or carb problem , I'd make sure the fuel pump is working first off , then look at the carb

H

hlw49

Check to make sure your choke is coming on.

B

bertsmobile1

check that the choke cable is closing the choke fully

R

rick10s

Sounds like a fuel pump or carb problem , I'd make sure the fuel pump is working first off , then look at the carb
My lawn tractor was running fine 3 weeks ago when I parked it. Wouldn't start this morning. Checked plugs and filter both are good. After spraying starting fluid into carb. Started right up and continued to run. Shut it off after 5 minutes and tired restart. No luck. Went the spray route again and it ran. Any ideas?
Thanks
Thanks for the reply.
What I don't understand is why it runs after starting with the starting spray. It literally runs until I shut it down but absolutely will not start without the spray. If I was having carb or fuel pump problems would it at the minimum run rough?

StarTech

StarTech

Because you need to apply choke for starting and restarts.