Kohler engines is no more.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Briggs and Stratton declared bankruptcy about three years ago and another company bought them, read about it.

Kohler engines rebranded to Rehlko will hopefully be a smooth transition. When the big companies that have been in business for decades are making major changes, you know things are definitely different and a bit scary.
I know about what happened with Briggs and Stratton. I hope similar things don’t happen with Kohler.

TonyPrin

Threads
Incredibly the name Rehlko comes from the scramble of Kohler. Talk about dumb; successful companies choose a name for marketing and sales advantages, not by pulling letters from a bag. Maybe GE will get inspired by them but what would the new name be?

RayMcD

Threads
Wonder how many on here will vote to keep the same problem?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I know about what happened with Briggs and Stratton. I hope similar things don’t happen with Kohler.
From what a I have seen from Oregon products the last 2 years I am not hopeful since Platinum Equity owns Oregon and Rehlko formerly Kohler Energy formally Kohler Engines.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Oh nuts. That explains a lot. I started having problem getting Oregon parts this year. Especially as I run out of stock and start re-ordering items.

These darn investment companies are screwing everything just to make a quick buck. Briggs is on its way out and now Kohler will probably be on the same path.

This instant reward generation is going mess everything up that took decades to build up.

efred

Threads
What is it with corporations, that scrap a long-standing, respected name, and change their brand to some Kamala word-salad: Spectrum Health is now Corewell Health; DuPont de Nemure Paints is now Axalta, which sounds like a skin medication; now THIS?

What marketing imbeciles come up with this stupidity?

TonyPrin

Threads
What is it with corporations, that scrap a long-standing, respected name, and change their brand to some Kamala word-salad: Spectrum Health is now Corewell Health; DuPont de Nemure Paints is now Axalta, which sounds like a skin medication; now THIS?

What marketing imbeciles come up with this stupidity?
You may not like the name or call it a word salad but get used to it; you'll be seeing it a lot for the next 8 years.