Kohler engines is no more.

Craftsman Garage

Threads
I wish they didn't make it all these parts in China and with weak materials. I wish they still made engines that are designed to last more than 10 years, like the old Briggs opposed/boxer twin engines. Those were solid engines.👌🏼

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
As much as i hate to admit it i have had good results with china parts on honda GX engines. Got a complete cylinder head off ebay for $44. Looks identical to the OEM. Bolted on and works perfect. I have installed like 20 honda style china carbs with no issues. Same for recoils. I have put a few predator engines on as repowers and no issues. OEM honda parts are expensive so i use china parts. I have put dozens of china carbs on handhelds. Most with no issues. Just put an aftermarket piston and rod in a briggs 17.5hp. Rings, piston and rod looked as good as OEM. Is china getting better or is the brand names getting worse?

Craftsman Garage

Threads
Haha, I have been noticing that too. Aftermarket parts from Amazon or equivalent are starting to get better than some OEM parts. I still use OEM carburetor rebuild kit from Briggs or Kohler because I don't fully trust complete Amazon carbs. Are usually just use the new parts from the aftermarket one on the OEM carburetor shell. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a engine rebuild kit from Amazon. In fact, I've been thinking about doing a engine rebuild on a old 70s Honda horizontal shaft engine. I would use a Amazon rebuild kit.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I guess we will see a similar result as Briggs and Scrapum. I hope not.

Briggs and Stratton declared bankruptcy about three years ago and another company bought them, read about it.

Kohler engines rebranded to Rehlko will hopefully be a smooth transition. When the big companies that have been in business for decades are making major changes, you know things are definitely different and a bit scary.