Export thread

Kohler engines is no more.

I

ILENGINE

Kohler engines and Kohler Power Systems has been rebranded with the name Rehlko pronounced REL-co.

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

I

ILENGINE

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

So with the Kohler engines on the riding mower's at Lowe's etc. Will be called a "Rehlco engine"?

I

ILENGINE

@Craftsman Garage I would be thinking that also unless they keep the Kohler name under the Rehlco corporation, similar how Husqvarna did with Poulan. But they could also trying to distance themselves from Kohler plumbing division.

But if they start using Rehlco instead of Kohler it will leave people very confused and make people shy away.

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

Exactly. What a dumb name too. Briggs and Stratton has had the same name for 96 years ever since they were founded.

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

Also, I have no idea why my text is appearing in other quote boxes. Until I figure it out, this is how it will be with my new computer I guess.

I

ILENGINE

@Craftsman Garage Make sure your cursor is not in the quote box when typing. May have to hit the return key before typing your message.

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

Yeah, I'm trying to figure it out

M

MParr

It reads like this will be the power generation division.

I

ILENGINE

It reads like this will be the power generation division.
When Platinum Equity purchased Kohler engines and Kohler power it became Kohler energy. So now Kohler energy is Rehlko.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

I am sure the quality will double as well as the price for parts <sarcasm alert>

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

I

ILENGINE

I am sure the quality will double as well as the price for parts <sarcasm alert>
No, they will obsolete all the parts for the engines not built this year and after

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

Aw crap I would hate that

M

MParr

I guess we will see a similar result as Briggs and Scrapum. I hope not.

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

I wish they didn't make it all these parts in China and with weak materials. I wish they still made engines that are designed to last more than 10 years, like the old Briggs opposed/boxer twin engines. Those were solid engines.👌🏼

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

As much as i hate to admit it i have had good results with china parts on honda GX engines. Got a complete cylinder head off ebay for $44. Looks identical to the OEM. Bolted on and works perfect. I have installed like 20 honda style china carbs with no issues. Same for recoils. I have put a few predator engines on as repowers and no issues. OEM honda parts are expensive so i use china parts. I have put dozens of china carbs on handhelds. Most with no issues. Just put an aftermarket piston and rod in a briggs 17.5hp. Rings, piston and rod looked as good as OEM. Is china getting better or is the brand names getting worse?

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

Haha, I have been noticing that too. Aftermarket parts from Amazon or equivalent are starting to get better than some OEM parts. I still use OEM carburetor rebuild kit from Briggs or Kohler because I don't fully trust complete Amazon carbs. Are usually just use the new parts from the aftermarket one on the OEM carburetor shell. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a engine rebuild kit from Amazon. In fact, I've been thinking about doing a engine rebuild on a old 70s Honda horizontal shaft engine. I would use a Amazon rebuild kit.

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

I guess we will see a similar result as Briggs and Scrapum. I hope not.

Briggs and Stratton declared bankruptcy about three years ago and another company bought them, read about it.

Kohler engines rebranded to Rehlko will hopefully be a smooth transition. When the big companies that have been in business for decades are making major changes, you know things are definitely different and a bit scary.

M

MParr

Briggs and Stratton declared bankruptcy about three years ago and another company bought them, read about it.

Kohler engines rebranded to Rehlko will hopefully be a smooth transition. When the big companies that have been in business for decades are making major changes, you know things are definitely different and a bit scary.
I know about what happened with Briggs and Stratton. I hope similar things don’t happen with Kohler.