Kohler 7000 series

wgtonpdk9

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a BadBoy Magnum ZTR mower with the Kohler 7000 series engine. It has 45.0 hours on it. Routine maintenance has been done to the T for this is the first brand new mower I have ever had!
The other day i pulled it out to air up a low front tire. The mower ran fine for a very short time then bogged down and died. I tried to start it again and it would only click, it would not even try to turn over. Oil level was fine, I then put a brand new battery in it and it still just clicks, engine will not turn over?????

wgtonpdk9

Forum Newbie
Threads
Take the spark plugs out & try again.
OK, I actually have surgery in the morning, but I have someone coming to look at it Thursday! I will convey your message. What will that show if I may ask?

Born2Mow

Threads
Welcome !

Was this the first run of the season ? Or has it been cranked and run within the last month, say late Feb or early March.

If it was the first crank of the season, then what was done to prep it for winter storage ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It checks for hydro locking.
A faulty float valve floods the engine so it shuts down
Then it continues to fill the cylinder with fuel so it won't crank
There is clicking from relays , fuel solenoids & starting solenoids and we have no idea which you are hearing or even if you can hear them .
The other thing that happens is the pushrods fall off and then the engine cannot overcome full compression.

wgtonpdk9

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome !

Was this the first run of the season ? Or has it been cranked and run within the last month, say late Feb or early March.

If it was the first crank of the season, then what was done to prep it for winter storage ?
I started it several times through the winter! Stabil in the fuel! Checked oil religiously!

Born2Mow

Threads
>> Was there a wash down recently, where water could have gotten into the fuel ? I'm thinking maybe you hit it with the garden hose to knock the pollen off and didn't think anything of it. That would explain the run, then no-run scenario.

It does not explain the apparent loss of electrical power.

>> Your story is not quite clear to me. The mower cranked, and while it was idling (and warming up) you went to fill a tire and it stalled, and refused to crank again ? Or, you were out (after filling the tire) and the engine stalled while running at full speed and fully warmed up, and then refuse to crank again.

To me the state of the engine means something. And whether you were in the driver's seat when it stalled.

wgtonpdk9

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, I was on it! It started up just fine. I moved it about 25 yards to air up the tire and in the process of moving it bogged down and died and now just clicks when you try to start it! No it was not washed or sprayed with water!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So the starter solenoid just clicks .
A single click or rapid fire clicking ?
The starter could be jambed
Try turning the engine by hand a few times and see what happens then.