Keeping your deck clean

peteco

Threads
Garden hose, blower air flow and DW40. Never wet grass if possible.

RayMcD

Threads
With a 2" wide long handled scraper, give it a scrape after every couple mowings. At the end of the season, turn it upside down, remove blades for sharpening and using the used oil you just drained out lather it on the underside and let sit over night on a gravel area. Check Belt and spindles and Idlers and store for Spring. Charge Battery every 2 months. I put blocks under the frame so I don't destroy a tire with a slow leak. Have a Budweiser and get your shots.
Sir, your storage tip is good advice, once the leaves are gone I will leave my machine tires off the floor. Cheers, Ray

bkeller500

Threads
I just looked at my deck after 3 mowings..........after 3- brushed-on applications of EZ slide and 72 hours of cure. It's gone! The deck is clean down to the paint ( no grass build up ) but I didn't expect much because my deck stays pretty clean anyway. I wanted to try the EZ Slide on my new Simplicity deck as I had a 1/2 can left over from my old John Deere deck ( which it didn't stick on very well either). I had tried some of the sprays in the past and NONE of them worked very well. It may help with easier cleaning of the deck for 1 or 2 mowings, but it won't last long. As said before......WET grass will increase the likelihood of build up under your deck. Air flow and sharp blades will be the best deterrent to a build up issue. That being said, there is no harm in coating the deck if it helps the clean-up process.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would scuff the deck up with a wire wheel or brush. Then hit it with your choice of non stick goo.