JohnDeere Electric 90

missmoyu

Forum Newbie
Threads
I often read your post, I just thought I would say to keep the good work!

dalebob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I am brand new to this forum, but not to JD90 ownership! I recently bent the armature on one of the mower motors and was wondering if someone knows where I might find one. Or a complete motor if they are available somewhere. Also, has anyone tried adding some kind of speed control to the drive motor? It's something I've been thinking about doing but haven't seen done on this machine. Thanks!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...
I'm sure I have a few around... I will see if I can locate one...
An amperage controlling stepper could be adapted from a golf cart, same 36 voltage... but for me the transmission did a good job with no reduction of torque... The small drive motors actually need their full rpm to make the needed power output.
The bent shaft is a big problem for direct drive electric motors & gas engines...I suspect your blade struck something..?
My big problem was with magnets coming off the inside of the motors... :smile:KennyV

dalebob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes indeed. A large rock hidden in the leaves that I swear wasn't there last time I mowed! If you have one I would be most grateful. And if you have an armature I have a guy here who can rebuild the existing motor and I would have a spare. On a side note, I bought this mower because we live off-grid and I love the fact that I can mow with sunshine. The guy who had it worked for John Deere and bought it new off the showroom floor. Didn't even advertise it as electric; just "JD 90 mower for sale". All original and in great condition. And it even came with good batteries. Couldn't believe my luck.
Let me know what you need to make this happen. Thanks again.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
It will be a couple days before I have a chance to locate parts... You can have them for postage to get them to you... Glad to hear there are E90's still mowing...
I will PM you for an address when I locate parts.... Anything else you need from E90? :smile:KennyV

dalebob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where I am it's 65 and sunny on December 3rd. We should be plowing snow but instead I've been out digging and working in the yard in short sleeves. Kenny V, I was wondering if you have had any luck locating any parts that would get my E90 back into functioning mode? Also, I've wanted to post a photo but right now the mower is in pieces on the garage floor. I'll go ahead and post one "as is" so you can see it and one of our newly installed latest solar array. With this one I should have unlimited solar charging ability for the mower this summer. Thanks again.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kenny V, I was wondering if you have had any luck locating any parts that would get my E90 back into functioning mode? ...

Hello ... the weather has been warm here also, everywhere is having the 'New weather'...
Didn't find any of my old Maytag motors & parts... for maytag... they are around somewhere...

I have located one of the deck motors... PM me your mailing address I'll package it up, and tell you the shipping charge, it should fit into a medium flat rate box... so it should be only around
$11.35...
:smile:KennyV

dalebob

Forum Newbie
Threads
KennyV, I want to thank you again for your help in locating the deck motor for my E90. Unfortunately I am getting an error message that your message box is full and you need to clear some space. I will try sending later.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
KennyV,I am getting an error message that your message box is full and you need to clear some space. I will try sending later.

Done... try it now.:smile:KennyV