John Deere is turning me into a Karen

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The other think to think about is weather they see you as an unwelcome competitor or not

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I think it's the only one around here. My John Deere customers aren't worried about the price of parts. They bought John Deere, so they know the prices are going to be higher. They're rich, so they don't even ask. I try to go out of my way to make sure they get OEM parts. Having a dealer right here, means I can tear one down and have it fixed the same day.
I only have about $5k in parts stocked (no room for anymore now). So having them stock parts is very convenient.

But dang, twice I've tried to do business with them, and both times, something went wrong. I'm not as pissed with them as I was yesterday. So I might give them another shot, if (and ONLY if) I have to have something right away)

Only 5K darn I wish I had only that much .

1684422891387.png
and this not counting the 2K in parts I just ordered this morning.

But as Bert said they might see you as a serious competitor.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Only 5K darn I wish I had only that much .

View attachment 64517
and this not counting the 2K in parts I just ordered this morning.

But as Bert said they might see you as a serious competitor.

It's way better to let others warehouse all those parts. At least for me. When I had my shop in town, trying to keep track of what I had was horrific.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
The other think to think about is weather they see you as an unwelcome competitor or not

True that. I only rush a job for certain people. The JD I just repaired was for the sheriff. He's a darn good one. Very nice. And his mom (80yrs old) is the nicest person in the county.

Otherwise I would've just had JD ship me the parts.