John Deere is turning me into a Karen

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I made an online order last night about 8pm from JD. It said the parts would be ready in 2 hours. My brother went by there to pick up the parts this morning, because he was in the area. (I'm about 30 miles away). So I give him the confirmation number and other info from the confirmation email they sent me, after the parts were paid for. Well, the manager found the order, but won't release the parts because he hasn't gotten anything from the E commerce side of JD.
So I'm on the phone with the manager this morning and tried to get him to pull the parts and give them to my brother, since he had the confirmation number and the parts list. But it was a no go. Then he wanted me to call someone to sort this out, and I just wouldn't do it. Told him the mix up was on their end, and that he should do is job and sort it out. I'm just the paying customer and have no idea about how their system work.
Well, he got snoody. I got snoody back. I think we hung up on each other at the same time.

This is my 2nd attempt at doing business with them. The first time, it took two trips over some transmission oil, because the parts lady gave the wrong capacity.

Online ordering through Amazon, Stens, Greentree and other places is usually trouble free. I think I'll stick with them.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
So get this. A couple hours later, I call back and he tells me that they got everything they needed and I could come get the parts. So I drive up there, hand the clerk the confirmation email, he looks me dead in the eye and says "It's not in our system yet." I'm guessing I raised my voice a little when I said "What in the hell is wrong with you people. I just spoke to the manage and he said to everything was cleared up and to come get the parts."
The manager comes out of the office and asked what the problem was. I told him, and he get's a piece of paper off his desk, hands it to the clerk an apologizes. Saying I was the very first one to order from the JD E side of this online thing, and there was a glitch.
Ok, I understand that. It happens. No big deal now. Everything is scared away, right?

Wrong. The clerk hands me my parts, I walk out to the truck, and noticed it wasn't transmission fluid in the bag. It was frigging 10w 30. I go back in, get the right fluid off the shelf, take the 10w 30 back to the counter and tell the clerk and the manager that they were lucky, because I didn't drive all the way home before I realized they did have enough attention span to even check to see what kind of oil they were giving me.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like a bad day.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well I see yet another JD dealer screwing up. My local tried screwing me by changing our business agreements without even notifying me until the very last minute. First they took my 10% discount on Stihl parts. Then they took away my 10% discount on JD parts. Then they started charging me $20 on every order as handling fee. But the straw that broke the camel back was when they me a price on parts then upped the price a week later when I got the parts.

I now order nearly all my JD from Green Farm parts which is giving the 10% discount on the parts. As for Stihl I switched to another local dealer that is giving me the 10% discount on the parts and not even charging me SHC on parts as they are order on stock orders.

Personally the local dealer can go out business as far as I am concerned. Now Green Farm Parts may not have all the parts on their online system but they are willing to add them as needed. That's why they got the last $1100 order.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I always call my JD dealer (Brookside) to order parts.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is not a JD or Stihl dealer near me that will give me a discount. I do have one that has me setup tax free and doesn't charge me the special order fee.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
There is not a JD or Stihl dealer near me that will give me a discount. I do have one that has me setup tax free and doesn't charge me the special order fee.
About 20% of riding mowers and zero turns I work on are John Deere. I personally am not a John Deere fan (putting it in). Anyway, the local John Deere dealer usually has the parts I need at fair prices. No discounts, but pick the order ahead and have everything ready before I come. Overall good transactions with them.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It comes down who runs the dealership most times. Some are good and others are bad at customer support. All I can say is the local group has lost my confidence in their abilities; in parts delivery and service.

About a third of the repairs this year has been the JD commercial ZTRs. Most of the equipment has reached an age where a lot failures are happening but once this spat is over then it be a few years before it happens again. Just how things pan out every year, never know what will coming in for repairs. Last year it was Gravely ZTRs that were half of the repairs.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
About 20% of riding mowers and zero turns I work on are John Deere. I personally am not a John Deere fan (putting it in). Anyway, the local John Deere dealer usually has the parts I need at fair prices. No discounts, but pick the order ahead and have everything ready before I come. Overall good transactions with them.
I am on a first name basis with the parts folks and they treat me very well. I call and order parts over the phone a lot and have never had an issue with them. It all deoends on the dealership. Looks like PT got a bad one.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am on a first name basis with the parts folks and they treat me very well. I call and order parts over the phone a lot and have never had an issue with them. It all deoends on the dealership. Looks like PT got a bad one.

I think it's the only one around here. My John Deere customers aren't worried about the price of parts. They bought John Deere, so they know the prices are going to be higher. They're rich, so they don't even ask. I try to go out of my way to make sure they get OEM parts. Having a dealer right here, means I can tear one down and have it fixed the same day.
I only have about $5k in parts stocked (no room for anymore now). So having them stock parts is very convenient.

But dang, twice I've tried to do business with them, and both times, something went wrong. I'm not as pissed with them as I was yesterday. So I might give them another shot, if (and ONLY if) I have to have something right away)