JOHN DEERE HYDRO 175 TRANSMISSION

crickett

Forum Newbie
Threads
I found the service manual. Page 72 has picture of belt routing. Get it while it is still there. I used M00175X to find it.
uni.edu/peterson/John%20Deere%20175%20Tractor/John%20Deere%20175%20Hydro%20Service%20Manual.pdf
belt is right is there ANYTHING inside the transaxle that could be installed wrong? it is the peerless type

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Service manual I showed you has pictures of the rear end taken apart. From what I can tell and I can tell a lot the only thing that can cause it to run backwards is the belt on backwards. From the passenger/shifter side the belt goes to top of pulley.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
belt is right is there ANYTHING inside the transaxle that could be installed wrong? it is the peerless type

If I looked at the correct post the tranny has been disassemble correct. From the parts diagram that I found you should have a eaton hydrostat connected to a differential unit. If that eaton unit has been taken apart and something was reinstalled in the wrong orientation it will cause the unit to work in the opposite direction than intended

crickett

Forum Newbie
Threads
If I looked at the correct post the tranny has been disassemble correct. From the parts diagram that I found you should have a eaton hydrostat connected to a differential unit. If that eaton unit has been taken apart and something was reinstalled in the wrong orientation it will cause the unit to work in the opposite direction than intended

yes it was taken apart not by me so i dont know what was done inside last owner used it that way till he got tired of it thats when i got it any idea were o start ?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
yes it was taken apart not by me so i dont know what was done inside last owner used it that way till he got tired of it thats when i got it any idea were o start ?

this is somewhat complicated. Go to jdparts.com and put your model number in the parts search. Navigate to your lawnmower, and work you way through the dropdown menus until you get to powertrain, eaton hydrostat. Now before you take your unit apart mark the locations of all the locations that the unit separates. Now look very carefully at items 28,32, and 48 something in that area of the unit has been turned 180 degrees from where it is designed to be. I suspect that if 28 and 32 are in facing the correct orientation then you may be able to rotate item 48 180 degrees from where you removed it. That should fix the direction problem.