jd 318 hydro pedal

jcdc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone found an easy way to convert the dash hydro lever to a foot pedal on a john deere 318?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
You might want to ask in the JD Forum (thread). Had a 318 - good tractor - never had a need for foot control. Good Luck !:thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Should not be too hard, are you able to fabricate linkage? ....
You likely could get a start using some parts from a mower salvage... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Should not be too hard, are you able to fabricate linkage? ....
You likely could get a start using some parts from a mower salvage... :smile:KennyV

Kenny, I have a 318 and that model has both brake pedals mounted on the right hand side, I don't know if there is much room to install a third pedal on that side. The hydro lever is also located on the right hand side.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
... that model has both brake pedals mounted on the right hand side, I don't know if there is much room to install a third pedal on that side. The hydro lever is also located on the right hand side.

The left right brake could be done like the older Cub Cadets left brake on left side right brake on right... or combine the two... with a hydro the brake is not of the much use.
It would be more of a question... what pedals would be the handiest..
some linkage change-up hydro to a F-R rocker .... Myself I don't mind using hand lever for hydro... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The left right brake could be done like the older Cub Cadets left brake on left side right brake on right... or combine the two... with a hydro the brake is not of the much use.
It would be more of a question... what pedals would be the handiest..
some linkage change-up hydro to a F-R rocker .... Myself I don't mind using hand lever for hydro... :smile:KennyV

I asked the OP why he wanted the change (he posted in several forums) and he told me he wanted to be able to feather his bucket (obviously FEL type) while steering and he apparently feels a foot pedal would work better than a hydro lever.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks like Tomegtt is looking for some free advertising to me ???