Jacobsen 628D

That is what I figured, the rear wheels locking up in the previous post is what I say is bogus. I am a helicopter mechanic, I do understand hydraulics.
 
That is what I figured, the rear wheels locking up in the previous post is what I say is bogus. I am a helicopter mechanic, I do understand hydraulics.

Another dealer response: Unfortunately there is no way of making the turfcat go into 4WD reverse, as far as traction upgrades are concerned there is a differential lock kit available, but it will only affect the front wheels.

MTE Turf Equipment Solutions,Inc
33 Thruway Park Drive
West Henrietta, NY 14586
Phone 585-334-0100 ext 1124

Seems odd that you would have a locking differential on a machine without a differential ?? again I think they are talking about a differential "type action".........what say you? Mike.
 
The check valve could easily be removed and a plug put in instead. That would allow for flow in both directions.
 
I am not to worried about it, only ran into a problem once. My place is rarely wet.

Replies are still coming in, here is yet another explanation ...:confused2:

On Aug 30, 2018, at 8:25 AM, Laurita, Ron <[email protected]> wrote:

Michael: The unit you have, and this is true on most 4WD units, will disable 4WD in reverse. It is done this was for safety reasons. The reason is if traveling downhill in 4WD and you move the pedal to neutral or slightly reverse to slow down, the potential to loose steering ability can happen. So we disable 4WD in reverse.

Jacobsen Technical Support
 
Fellas,

Was wondering if you could help me get smart on these Jake front mount mowers. I am in the upstate NY area also.

My propert is pretty hilly and wet sometimes, so I would need the 4 wd for sure. My question is about the ability of these machines to handle rough terrain. I have a few acres of old pasture I mow and it beats the life out of me on my zero turn. Do these style of mowers handle the rough stuff pretty well?

I’m on the lookout for a used machine in the Albany area. How did you guys find your machines?

Thank you for the help, Joe
 
Oh okay. Mine is the 72" right side discharge.

And every so often ya get a smart-arse ( me ) ... to add some nonsense in .. like mine is a butt-hole discharge, was born with it, and after 71+ years it still "toots" loud N clear but on occasion has needed Metamucil to function properly.. :laughing:..:laughing:
 
Back
Top