Isn't it Just Amazing

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
when a person registers on a site the spam commercials/advertisements appears in his email in box before he has a chance to read even the first post.

rekees

Threads
What's even more amazing is creating a new email address and spam arrives before ANY use. Go figure! :thumbdown: Some email sites will let you create disposable addresses. Use them once then delete. Keeps the spammers guessing.

TedBeal

Threads
What's even more amazing is creating a new email address and spam arrives before ANY use.

Yes, that is amazing! It makes you suspect the email client you have chosen. They must sell lists of email addresses as I cannot see any other way that this could happen.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
I'm happy to say that since 1998, we never have (and never will) sell e-mail addresses of our members to anybody. :thumbsup:

173abn

Threads
SandburRanch and others,I do'nt seem to have this problem.Are you talking about your regular e-mail or something else? russ

adan

Threads
I don't have this experience either. I use Gmail. I create a number of addresses for specific projects that I do. Spams have not found their way into my inboxes upon creation. Later though, spams creep in but the spam filters of Gmail are so good. I seldom --- very seldom --- see spams in my inbox.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I also use Gmail... Have not seen any Spam in years, many years...
If you are receiving any it IS something your provider could control... but then again that is at times the real origin of it...
Life is GOOD with Gmail... :smile:KennyV

touree

Threads
Gmail seems to have less spam. I almost thought I was losing out on something but maybe the choice of email matters. Spammers can be annoying, aaargh!

monica123

Threads
I am happy to hear our email addresses are safe here. I hate joining a site and then getting bombarded with spam, makes me angry.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am happy to hear our email addresses are safe here. I hate joining a site and then getting bombarded with spam, makes me angry.

Something I have always liked and appreciated about LMF and TBN is that I have NEVER had any spam or junk emails that could even remotely be linked to these sites...THANK YOU, Muhammed....:thumbsup::thumbsup: