Interesting new cordless electric lawn mowers from EGO and Greenworks

MowerMike

Threads
  • / Interesting new cordless electric lawn mowers from EGO and Greenworks
There are several interesting new lawn mowers this year from EGO and Greenworks.

First, EGO has a new 21" mower line in both self-propel and push variants that feature a twin blade system similar to what Honda has on some of its gas models, which EGO calls Select Cut. The inner blade is fixed and the outer can be changed for different cutting situations.

Also, EGO is expected soon to introduce a new 10 Ah version of their battery to further extend the run time of their tools.

Second, Greenworks has a new version of its 21" 60 volt self-propel mower that features two live battery ports with automatic switchover when the first battery is depleted. This is similar to the system Greenworks originally introduced in their 40 volt Twin Force mower seven years ago. A push version of this mower is expected soon.

Also, Greenworks is expected soon to introduce a 25" dual blade 60 volt version of this mower.

Last edited:

4getgto

Threads
They've came a long way. But at a price.
sure beats the old days and a 100' cord.... eventually a 30' and 70' ?

dougmacm

Threads
And people were thinking CRAFTSMAN was going to push Greenworks and maybe even Kobalt out of Lowes.

Since I invested in 80V Kobalt last May as a power upgrade to my already extensive 40V GW OPE tool set, I have no interest into jumping into the GW 60V platform as well.

Was hoping Lowes would have discounted their 80V mowers sometime over winter like they did with the Snowblower last May but it never happened. Hopefully Kobalt adds something exciting to the 80V mower line too.

Doug

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just in a Walmart here, saw a Greenworks 21' 40 volt mower on clearance for $150, regular $289 I think. Sealed box. I was tempted......

4getgto

Threads
Just in a Walmart here, saw a Greenworks 21' 40 volt mower on clearance for $150, regular $289 I think. Sealed box. I was tempted......
it's like buying a battery and getting the mower for free..

wo_ic3m4n

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the eGo 21 inch self propelled, have had it for over a year, I love it!

riverguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
There are several interesting new lawn mowers this year from EGO and Greenworks.

First, EGO has a new 21" mower line in both self-propel and push variants that feature a twin blade system similar to what Honda has on some of its gas models, which EGO calls Select Cut. The inner blade is fixed and the outer can be changed for different cutting situations.

Also, EGO is expected soon to introduce a new 10 Ah version of their battery to further extend the run time of their tools.

Second, Greenworks has a new version of its 21" 60 volt self-propel mower that features two live battery ports with automatic switchover when the first battery is depleted. This is similar to the system Greenworks originally introduced in their 40 volt Twin Force mower seven years ago. A push version of this mower is expected soon.

Also, Greenworks is expected soon to introduce a 25" dual blade 60 volt version of this mower.

Lowes has the Greenworks 60V dual battery your talking about on sale. Menards has a pretty good deal on the MasterForce 80V with one battery bay and the old style handle bar and controls. The master force is identical to one of the Greenworks 80V models. The Greenworks battery will even work on the MasterForce, at least the 80V for sure. I'm going to look at both tomorrow. I think I would like the newer style controls on the Greenworks better but I don't like the fact that the 2 battery bays are so far forward with all that weight of the batteries in front. Looks like it would be good if bagging but I'm not going to bag with it. I want it for trimming where I can't get with the tractor. The Master force looks like it would be better balanced. The one battery goes in from rear. Am I over thinking this?Greenworks 60V.jpgMasterforce 80V.jpg

MowerMike

Threads
Well, the Greenworks battery weighs about 4-1/2 lbs, whereas the overall weight of the mower including battery is over 70 lbs. So, the battery is a small percentage of the overall weight, and I doubt you would notice the difference with the battery position. The mower comes with only one battery, so unless you buy a second battery, only one of the battery compartments will be used.