I'm no mechanic, need help...

Bange

Threads
Retired404
Before the carburetor replacement, did the engine smoke?
Did you replace the carburetor with an original one?

If before the engine smoked and you changed the carburetor for a non-genuine one, you may have entered a second problem, as I don't see how changing a carburetor, even a non-genuine one, can cause oil burning.
If before the engine smoked and you changed the carburetor for another genuine one, it will continue to smoke, because burning oil is not due to carburetion.
Of course, burning oil can interfere with correct carburetion… it just depends on the volume of oil entering the chamber.

Why does oil enter the chamber and burn along with fuel?
There are several reasons: breakage or wear of rings, ovalization of the chamber wall, poor sealing of a valve retainer and, as previously mentioned, damage to the fuel pump diaphragm.

I would spend my time researching the oil entry into the chamber… and start with the fuel pump diaphragm as it is simple to check and replace if necessary.
Not being the diaphragm and you don't have your own knowledge and tools, I recommend a good shop or mechanic.

Carburetion is another issue… I recommend fixing the flare first, once that's fixed, go back and report.