I'm At A Loss!!!

jetsticks

Threads
Check the oil level
It will most likely be high, thin and smell lie fuel because the carb is leaking .
Thanks, but it's not coming from the carb. It's coming either out of the fuel pump or a crack in the line from the fuel pump to the carb.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The breather hose looks fine. I took it off and inspected it.
Guy, can you see tiny holes in a black rubber hose? It needs to be pressure tested maybe shooting soapy water at it.

"Looking" at most mower parts doesn't cut it for a true test.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I bought an OEM oil pump and installed it. The next time I mowed it was leaking again.
All "new" parts require testing. I know you are in the middle of doing this. Just wanted to state the obvious. All new parts need tested to confirm they are good. Most everything is cloned in "Chyna" (Trump) as we all know. Counterfeit parts are all over the place.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
All "new" parts require testing. I know you are in the middle of doing this. Just wanted to state the obvious. All new parts need tested to confirm they are good. Most everything is cloned in "Chyna" (Trump) as we all know. Counterfeit parts are all over the place.
Yes most parts gotten from sources then regular distributors needs to be checked upon receipt but distributors just as careful to order from know good sources..
I bought an OEM oil pump and installed it. The next time I mowed it was leaking again. I
And Slomo I pretty sure he didn't replace the oil pump as is inside sump and oil leakage would the o-ring on the cover plate. I believe he was referring the fuel pump instead. And in fact he say fuel pump later.

The reason I suggested the UV dye as there are time that seepage leak is hard to trace visually without it. It might look like it is one when it is actually in another place. Since the pump is new it can even a casting seam that is causing the leak that just needs leveling out. After market parts are bad about this as the molds don't line up exactly.