Repairs Igition Coil Problem I believe?

Mikel1

Threads
I don't remember exactly what that wire is for but having it disconnected made the engine run it wouldn't run at all with it plugged in. So I left it off and ran it for a day like that till it stopped working again. Now it won't start with it plugged in or with it unplugged.

If no spark with kill wire unplugged then you need a new coil.

VPalumbo

Threads
If no spark with kill wire unplugged then you need a new coil.

I can't seem to find the coil that is needed for this mower. I've searched and searched and can't seem to pin point an exact match. This coil I have here doesn't have any numbers or anything on it so no way to cross match it. The only stickers I can find on the whole mower are on the section under the seat showing the model number and serial for the mower itself but nothing on the motor that I can see. It says on the top its a 875 series. That's all I know about it.

Mikel1

Threads
It appears links are still not working here, copy or goggle the info below:

briggsandstratton.com/us/en/support/faqs/engine-codes-model-numbers

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Model number for the mower is?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I found a couple coils for thay mower but engine numbers are needed to get the correct one. Engine number is under the engine shroud. Remove to find number. 2 screws from what I can tell.

VPalumbo

Threads
Check the wire carefully, particularly where it passed through a hole or is clipped onto the mower.
On push mowers it often chaffs and earths out.
Should only be 2 switches it goes too.

I Just checked it earlier and it only goes to one switch. It doesn't pass through any holes and there is nothing wrong with the wire it looks great. It goes from the coil down to the quick connector then from there it runs down to a switch that is connected to the frame. The little push button goes downward and as far as I can see it has to do with the clutch or the brake. When I push the brake down I believe it pushes or releases the button its kind of hard to tell which. The button is in the correct place on the frame I was able to check that. It doesn't look out of place it looks like its mounted where it suppose to go.

VPalumbo

Threads
I found a couple coils for thay mower but engine numbers are needed to get the correct one. Engine number is under the engine shroud. Remove to find number. 2 screws from what I can tell.

There aren't any numbers on the engine that I am able to find. I've already removed the cover to get to the coil. I've looked on top and under the cover. I've even looked underneath the cover on the back side. There are no tags on this motor. I've looked ever where. That's the issue I am having if I can't find a number I don't know how to get the correct coil.

Here are 3 pictures I have taken to show you want I mean.

ul0jc.jpg

zMjvc.jpg

Fpv5e.jpg

Here is also two pictures of the coil if this helps any?

3Agph.jpg

TUkEh.jpg

VPalumbo

Threads
I was able to get on the phone with Weed Eater and get them to search for it took a while for them to even find it but the coil they say I need is the 796499. Thanks everyone for the help when I get the new coil I'll leave an update.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Put a cover over it if yo are going to leave it outside.