If you were trapped on a desert island...

henry

Threads
I want to find out what the single most important garden tool is. So answer this question. If you were trapped on a desert island and you could only take one garden tool with you, what would it be?

TedBeal

Threads
It would be a cutting tool to cut the branches of trees in order to burn the wood, and it would need to be heavy duty enough to cut big branches to make a raft with to get me off the island!:laughing:

Honey

Threads
My huge Friskars knife that can also be used as a shovel. It has a blade on one side and teeth on the other, it is versatile and very useful, more like 2-3 tools in one.

Twinkle

Threads
Some good ideas here but I'm going to go for the spork. I find mine to be really useful for tough jobs and it replaces the need for a shovel and hoe. I chose this because I know I'd start making a vegetable patch or similar fairly soon after giving up on being resuced!

Bethieboo

Threads
Isn't a spork the little spoon fork that you get from Taco Bell to eat your beans? Is that the spork you mean or is there an actual tool called a spork?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I want to find out what the single most important garden tool is. So answer this question. If you were trapped on a desert island and you could only take one garden tool with you, what would it be?

If I knew I was going to be trapped on a desert island -- I wouldn't leave home ! I've got the tools I need here. :biggrin:

I don't know of just one "garden tool" I'd want !

Thunder

Threads
A shovel. You know how many different things you can do with a shovel? Among other things, you can make the head detachable, sharpen the other end and use it for spear fishing.

TedBeal

Threads
This is a great thread and I'm amused by all these creative and practical answers. I have to say that I've learned a lot just reading them as well as having a good laugh. :laughing: