I need help

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I’m using Ad Block Pro on my iPad and I don’t get those advertisements.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have the same problem with Firefox but I did some work to find out why the site would not load with Brave which has the better add blocker
The page would bounce up & down like panties in a brothel till the add finally loaded when it would be stable some times for a single add then other times for a whole series then go gar gars again .
To me it appears that some adds are trying to use a bigger space than they are allowed to use so there is a conflict between the add & the server .
While this is happening the computer is frozen & will not respond to key strokes
So I spent a day to revive Brave
There are still problems with a page freezing ( also happened with Firefox ) sometimes the "post reply" button does not work and when this happens I usually have to reload the page in a new window
There is a conflict there created by smart arse web designers trying to prove how smart they are by creating adds that over ride the server settings
And only happens on this site.
Not on Mytractor ,Murray world , OPE , Arbourist site , or any of the 20 odd motorcycle forums I am on
Add always load slowly because I use different browsers for different purposes and the ones I use for forums get the cashes cleared every log off so the add placer has troubles finding what add to shove in but it does use up to 60% of the CPU doing it ( I have CPU manger loaded so I can monitor who is using the processor )

Last edited:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
FYI we are trying to replicate the specific issue and resolve it.

We are also looking into an ad free version for long time members.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We do appreciate your efforts
IT is getting harder as hardwear gets older
My 2012 I mac can not resolve a lot of pages because they use script that the video card can not resolve .
They are of course not needed for a web page which should be backwards compatiable and designed to download fast but you can not stop egos using every available bite to prove how smart they are because they have lost sights of the aim of the www in the first place .
The pages I work on are still written in HTML 2 and the users really like them because they download fully before their fingers are back to the home position on their keyboards .
add to that we have shit internet in OZ with a massive number of people with line speeds in Kbs not even Mbs let alone Gbs
You would not believe just how many sites time out before I can finish uploading .