I HAD TO MOW IN THE RAIN

Threads
Well the past few days have been interesting. I was behind on lawns this week, so I was planning on mowing a lot Friday and Saturday, but lets just say the weather forecast wasn't ideal! It was supposed to rain both days. But I had to get it done. So on Friday, I set out mowing after it rained for a brief time, and it then started raining while I was out at the lawns. I knew it was going to be wet, so I decided to bag. Being that my mower is great at mulching (I regularly mow when the grass has dew on it), I might have been able to mulch, but bagging was more worry-free. I brought a trash can with me, and filled it with the grass. It cut great!

It rained all night, and then I went out to cut as soon as the rain stopped on Saturday. I did the same thing. Attached are some of the pictures from the lawns I mowed Saturday and also my trailer setup when I brought the trash can with me. (Note that this is my setup for when I stay in the neighborhood. When I go out of the neighborhood YES I strap my equipment down better.) I was honestly amazed at how well my mower performed. Bagging the grass was a hastle, but now I know if I ever need to mow when it's raining, I can. Look at the pictures....I think the lawns turned out really nice! :thumbsup: I have to mow today, but I'm going back to mulching the clippings since it is drier today. But now I have a whole trailer-full of grass clippings I have to take to the local farm to dispose of. :rolleyes:

trailer 1.jpg

lawn 1.jpg

lawn 2.jpg

Blaine B.

Threads
How do you get away with such a small garbage can?

If I bag my yard I can end up over filling a 90 gallon can.

X-man

Threads
I love the looks that I get when people see me mowing in the pouring rain.

Threads
How do you get away with such a small garbage can?

If I bag my yard I can end up over filling a 90 gallon can.

This was a small lawn, plus I packed the grass in super tight! In a few of the lawns I did those 2 days I couldn't fit it all in the can. I'm back to mulching now, and just dropped the grass off at the local farm this morning. $10 down the drain.

mowerguy

Threads
$10 to dump? Sounds like you don't do it very often but seems there could be a better solution. Maybe a compost pile. I live next to a woods and if it's not too much I will dispose of it there. If I have large quantities I have found a guy out in the country looking to fill in a reviene in a woods and he lets me dump there.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
My whole truck stuffed is only 10$ lol

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
This was a small lawn, plus I packed the grass in super tight! In a few of the lawns I did those 2 days I couldn't fit it all in the can. I'm back to mulching now, and just dropped the grass off at the local farm this morning. $10 down the drain.

Why don't you just bag the grass and put it out for the trash guys? That's what I do. It doesn't cost me or anyone anything to dispose yard debris at the dump but I figure if the Trash guys will pick it up why waste the gas going to the dump.

LoCo86

Threads
Why don't you just bag the grass and put it out for the trash guys? That's what I do. It doesn't cost me or anyone anything to dispose yard debris at the dump but I figure if the Trash guys will pick it up why waste the gas going to the dump.

The reason I take mine away from the property is because after a day in the trash bag it smells something awful and no one wants that.