Engine i am curious to see what your fav engine is

briggs

Threads
i would like to know what your fav engine is and what engine you dont like ...

I am a brigs and strattion fan as well as Honda....Tecumseh is my least fav easy to work on yes but find more go wrong with them ..Just my opinion lets here yours lol:eek:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
For gasoline engines I agree with your line up... especially with the Tecumseh having the most problems...
With Diesel engines, I have to go with Kubota, Wow they build a very dependable engine... :smile:KennyV

173abn

Threads
don't have a favorite gasser but Yanmar and Kubota are my favorite diesels. russ

grnspot110

Threads
I'm partial to Kohlers myself. I do have a Yanmar diesel too (JD 790 Comact Utility)! :smile:

As for least favorite, There's a reason Tecumseh is no longer in business! I do still have a couple of them, 10" tiller & generator. :frown: ~~ grnspot110

briggs

Threads
For gasoline engines I agree with your line up... especially with the Tecumseh having the most problems...
With Diesel engines, I have to go with Kubota, Wow they build a very dependable engine... :smile:KennyV

I have to agree with you on the Kubota i forgot to list diesel as well opps lol....Those darn T.C can be a pain ..I like honda they run good I have one thats 15 years old now and it runs like it did when it was new ...I have always liked Brigs easy to work on ...Not sure about the intek tho there a fussy unit lol

briggs

Threads
I'm partial to Kohlers myself. I do have a Yanmar diesel too (JD 790 Comact Utility)! :smile:

As for least favorite, There's a reason Tecumseh is no longer in business! I do still have a couple of them, 10" tiller & generator. :frown: ~~ grnspot110

lol i hear you on why they are no longer around ...I remember 2 years ago i replaced 15 engines for people on snow-blowers and they where 8 to 10 hp T.C engines ..They blow rods like mad or the carbs are screwed up ...I like the kohlers to lots of power and built well

cohen

Threads
I'm getting a lot of insights here. I see a number of affirmations about Kubota. Many friends swear it's a good choice, especially in tropical conditions.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm getting a lot of insights here. I see a number of affirmations about Kubota. Many friends swear it's a good choice, especially in tropical conditions.

Does Kubota manufacture their own engines? Just wondering.

173abn

Threads
JD Green,I do believe they do make their own engines,diesel as well as gas. russ