Export thread

Hydro gear 335-0510 spring assembly

S

squirrelly scrat

Hey guys, I need help installing springs on a 2003 mtd yard machine that has right hand speed control. I removed the hydro from tractor and for the life of me cannot figure out how the springs on the right side go. Down by the brake. I've researched everywhere and cannot find a picture of what spring goes where. Also if you guys have pics of where the hydro installs to the mower itself through the linkages. Thanks a bunch

M

mechanic mark

Need Model & Serial #'s from MTD tractor, possibly under seat. Why did you remove transaxle?

B

bertsmobile1

What springs
There are lot of springs for different reasons
Some photos as well as the information requested by Mark will be very handy .

S

squirrelly scrat

Well I can't post pictures because the file is too large for the server. But the model number for the mower is 13AD698G300 and serial number is 1D083B70141. Basically the spring looks like a heavy duty spring. And I'm thinking it goes on the right side of the mower by the brake assembly somewhere, above the bypass valve

StarTech

StarTech

1679244850435.png

S

squirrelly scrat

I've looked at that picture 1000 times. It's not any of those springs. I should mention it's a smaller spring about 2 inches and as thick as the one ad 29 pictured. One side of the spring is a little wider than the other side as to maybe it goes around a bolt somewhere

StarTech

StarTech

Okay does it looks like this?

Image 1
1679248204194.png
or this one

Image 2
1679248329189.png

Here a couple images of where these goes.
1679248852873.png

B

bertsmobile1

Well resize your photos to 12" on the longest side @ 72 DPI
There are compression springs, tension spring , clocksprings
Spring does not tell us much.

S

squirrelly scrat

Heres what I have. Not sure if everything is in the right place or not

Attachments

StarTech

StarTech

1679271576430.png

S

squirrelly scrat

Thanks! That's been bothering me for days. I will try that tomorrow as I'm beat from the barn fire I was at this morning. I appreciate all the help you guys have given me in this

S

squirrelly scrat

Ok here's what I got going on now. The spring hooks don't line up with anything. I do remember taking off the castle nut for some reason but don't remember why. Unless that spring twists 90 degrees for some reason and fits where the castle nut is.

Attachments

StarTech

StarTech

Okay let's try a 311-0510 setup.

First place the brake springs back where we started.

Now see if this diagram is closer. Hydro Gear does make changes without notice sometimes. I was going by the service manual. Let's try putting the heavier spring at the arrows that is if the hole in the side case is there. But if the image of the side case does show it being there.
1679340146586.png
1679340485105.png

S

squirrelly scrat

Okay let's try a 311-0510 setup.

First place the brake springs back where we started.

Now see if this diagram is closer. Hydro Gear does make changes without notice sometimes. I was going by the service manual. Let's try putting the heavier spring at the arrows that is if the hole in the side case is there. But if the image of the side case does show it being there.
View attachment 63706
View attachment 63707
Ok. It just doesnt seem to line up. Im sure this is something so simple thats once I finally figure out where it goes ill be like oh yeah, duh.

Attachments

StarTech

StarTech

Well darn it I out ideas on what Hydro Gear did.

S

squirrelly scrat

Well darn it I out ideas on what Hydro Gear did.
Yeah me too. The mower worked when my brother brought it to me. I took the hydro out and a few days later went to put it back together and just cant remember where the springs went.

StarTech

StarTech

Okay went through the Hydro Gear dealer site and found they have done several changes over the years. The spring you have is severely damaged or simply the wrong one. I could only find a line drawing of the spring; no specs on the spring size or length.
1679405514425.png
What you could do is the use the 51345 is both places with them attach to brake caliper bolts.
1679405587284.png

A

Alton R

Hey guys, I need help installing springs on a 2003 mtd yard machine that has right hand speed control. I removed the hydro from tractor and for the life of me cannot figure out how the springs on the right side go. Down by the brake. I've researched everywhere and cannot find a picture of what spring goes where. Also if you guys have pics of where the hydro installs to the mower itself through the linkages. Thanks a bunch
Does it have more than one hydro on it. Are we talking about a o turn machine.

A

Alton R

Yeah me too. The mower worked when my brother brought it to me. I took the hydro out and a few days later went to put it back together and just cant remember where the springs went.
I always take pictures of anything I start to work on. I don't trust my eyes and ability to remember how things go.

J

Johner

Okay does it looks like this?

Image 1
View attachment 63689
or this one

Image 2
View attachment 63690

Here a couple images of where these goes.
View attachment 63691
They are great pictures.

J

Johner

I always take pictures of anything I start to work on. I don't trust my eyes and ability to remember how things go.
At times I use colored paints especially on springs where they hook up.

S

squirrelly scrat

Does it have more than one hydro on it. Are we talking about a o turn machine.
A yard tractor. Just the one hydro

S

squirrelly scrat

At times I use colored paints especially on springs where they hook up.
Yeah I totally spaced out on taking pics. Especially when I know if something is going to be taken apart for a few days