hydro drive problem

Threads
My2166 stopped traveling. was a quart low, added oil, went 100 feet and jerked a couple of times and quit again. HELP???:confused2:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
What type of oil did you add...
How many hours are on the tractor, how many hours are on the oil?
How many hours are on the filter?
also a quart is about 15 percent of the total capacity, so you could have air in it.
you may have better luck getting any air out of the system if you jack the drive wheels up and power them forward & reverse until everything is operating smoothly. :smile:KennyV

Threads
What type of oil did you add...
How many hours are on the tractor, how many hours are on the oil?
How many hours are on the filter?
also a quart is about 15 percent of the total capacity, so you could have air in it.
you may have better luck getting any air out of the system if you jack the drive wheels up and power them forward & reverse until everything is operating smoothly. :smile:KennyV

thanks for the reply, Kenny!
the tractor,filter, and oil have 350 hours
I added a quart of 15/50 synthetic mobil one.
it brought the level from just below the add mark up to full.

is there a vent that could be plugged?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
At 350 hours it is not that bad an idea to change oil & filter... Wix has a good filter for that application.
Put in 6 quarts of fresh oil, (your choice of Mobil1 is great).
Then with the rear wheels jacked up run forward and reverse, a lot, with No load on the transaxle, that 'should' clear any air in the system... :smile:KennyV

pajohn7007

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not sure what going on but be sure the control shaft on trans. is not loose from linkage.

Jeepers

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is the part number for the wix filter? I thought the proper oil is a hydraulic oil?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
What is the part number for the wix filter? I thought the proper oil is a hydraulic oil?

WELCOME to these Forums...

Wix number 51410
Part Details
Is the filter for the Cub Cadet 2166, Synthetic multi-weight ENGINE oil is the correct oil, do not use hydraulic oil. :smile:KennyV