Hustler Mowers Being Sold at Lowes and Home Depot

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you do buy your equipment at Lowes or Home Depot why then would you take it to a dealer instead of bringing it back to where you bought it and returning or exchanging it. When I first started I had a Poulan hand held blower that I had for almost a year and took it back and exchanged it for a new one with no questions asked.

I don't know about that but I do know that after 30 days they don't take anything back or exchange it here in HD or Lowes and seeing how they don't service what they sell you have a couple of different choices you can make, you can give it back for them to send out to have the work done or you can take to a dealer yourself for repair and there are some dealers that really don't like servicing something they haven't sold.

LoCo86

Threads
I don't know about that but I do know that after 30 days they don't take anything back or exchange it here in HD or Lowes and seeing how they don't service what they sell you have a couple of different choices you can make, you can give it back for them to send out to have the work done or you can take to a dealer yourself for repair and there are some dealers that really don't like servicing something they haven't sold.

I guess that's where I got confused on taking it to a dealer for repairs instead of exchanging it. Here you can take just about anything back and exchange it and let them worry about getting it fixed. When they do get it fixed they have a used and refurbished section that they will put it in.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Hustler Mowers Being Sold at Lowes and Home Depot
I guess that's where I got confused on taking it to a dealer for repairs instead of exchanging it. Here you can take just about anything back and exchange it and let them worry about getting it fixed. When they do get it fixed they have a used and refurbished section that they will put it in.

Yeah they have a refurbished section here but you only have the thirty days to return or exchange an item then they get it fixed and it will show up in the refurbished section. What people need to do if they want to buy lawn equipment or anything else for that fact from the big box stores is fill out there warranty cards that come with the equipment and get the stuff registered with the manufacturer because a lot of these dealer require a sales receipt and the warranty card to work on equipment purchased from HD or one of those places and there are some dealers who just wont work on the stuff period.

LoCo86

Threads
Yeah they have a refurbished section here but you only have the thirty days to return or exchange an item then they get it fixed and it will show up in the refurbished section. What people need to do if they want to buy lawn equipment or anything else for that fact from the big box stores is fill out there warranty cards that come with the equipment and get the stuff registered with the manufacturer because a lot of these dealer require a sales receipt and the warranty card to work on equipment purchased from HD or one of those places and there are some dealers who just wont work on the stuff period.

My wife has the same style of thinking about rules and store policies. I recently bought a pair of Red Wing Boots from one of their dealers. And these boots had thirty days to be returned. About 90 days later and in worn condition they reluctantly took the boots back. Also when I went to buy my BR600 magnum from my local Stihl dealer they had a sign on the front that said " We will not take personal checks". So after filling out all the paperwork just for giggles when they asked how I want to pay for it I said I'm going to write a check. In which she replied we normally don't take checks but from you we will. I told her I was just kidding and paid cash. Anyway my point is just cause the store has a policy doesn't mean it's the final word.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
My wife has the same style of thinking about rules and store policies. I recently bought a pair of Red Wing Boots from one of their dealers. And these boots had thirty days to be returned. About 90 days later and in worn condition they reluctantly took the boots back. Also when I went to buy my BR600 magnum from my local Stihl dealer they had a sign on the front that said " We will not take personal checks". So after filling out all the paperwork just for giggles when they asked how I want to pay for it I said I'm going to write a check. In which she replied we normally don't take checks but from you we will. I told her I was just kidding and paid cash. Anyway my point is just cause the store has a policy doesn't mean it's the final word.

The rules and store policies are enforced by the management and believe me here in this store (HD) they are strictly enforced. At my dealer where I buy my equipment they also have rules and store policies but depending on who you are if you buy from them and you're a long time customer you have some benefits, if your a commercial operator you get put to the top of the list, but someone who buys or brings something in from HD or a big box store I'll let you figure it out what happens there.

Threads
Hustler will probably lose some dealers over selling them at Lowes and Home Depot. Who wants to be dealer of a product when a customer can buy it cheaper at the retail store?

I bet your right too.

Threads

I agree when $$ is involved policy usually is not an issue. I dont think they are going to say we dont want your money.

Threads

I agree with that too Mr. Ric we have a few dealers here that are reluctant to work on John Deere, etc that where not bought from the dealer. If you let HD, Lowes send it for repair work then dont be in a hurry to get it back.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree with that too Mr. Ric we have a few dealers here that are reluctant to work on John Deere, etc that where not bought from the dealer. If you let HD, Lowes send it for repair work then dont be in a hurry to get it back.

I agree with you too. When you walk in the door of a dealer with a piece of equipment purchased from HD or one of those BBS if your lucky and have your purchase receipt and it's a registered piece and the dealer decides to work on it your work order will go in a stack they may get done in 4 or 5 weeks so either way you would be right don't be in a hurry to get it back.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I used to work for another shop that did warranty work. The retail store warranty work was treated like it was normal repair and told the customer that they are 4-6 weeks behind. Now if it was warranty on a equipment that was bought there they would try to have it in and out within a week. Especially if it belonged to landscape company and they bought it from them.