Hustler height decals with numbers instead of letters

Carlosgcruz99

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hustler height decals with numbers instead of letters
I made this replacement for my Hustler Raptor SD 54" - not sure what other models it fits
this was made to replace the letter system for deck height that made no sense to me on my own mower

Solvent printed and laminated approx 3.5 x 4"

$3.50 with shipping

I will have these until May 14 and then again when I get back from vacation around June 7th resume

View attachment 28455
Do you

wbrandhorst

Forum Newbie
Threads
I made this replacement for my Hustler Raptor SD 54" - not sure what other models it fits
this was made to replace the letter system for deck height that made no sense to me on my own mower

Solvent printed and laminated approx 3.5 x 4"

$3.50 with shipping

I will have these until May 14 and then again when I get back from vacation around June 7th resume

View attachment 28455
i want to buy

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does the machine cut exactly at those lengths per your sticker?

Anyone measured their cutting height on some real grass?

slomo

michigan_Rapter sd

Threads

slomo
actually I have a 3" block that I put under the blades when I level my deck and have the setting at 3" when I do that adjustment every spring or as needed. so NO the factory settings will not be exactly as the numbers are on the decal - they were made to be very close when I purchased by mower and hated the letters system. I have since sold my solvent printer and laminator and have to farm out the production so cost went up considerably. this was a project for my personal need and others said they wanted the decals. since I had bariatric surgery, until I recover max's garaj mahal has offered to take care of anybody still wanting the decal.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

slomo
No mower cuts the height shown on the deck which is why a lot of makers mark them with letters
Even walk behinds are subject to the density of the grass, the toughness of the grass and of course wear in the lift linkages & improper deck adjustments.
Add to that unless the deck is dead level it will be cutting a scallop shape because the front is lower than the sides .