Hustler clutch pulley

Mad_mat222

Threads
Greetings,
The pulley on my clutch assembly (605777k) is worn and I would like to replace it. The item is sold as a complete assembly and the quote I got was $780aud. There are no issues with the clutch just the pulley.

Has anyone replaced this pulley and point me in the right direction of where to source one.

Mower is a Hustler 36” 938365EX.

Cheers
Mat

Bertrrr

Threads
I've replaced a few but $780 is WAY too much , look on amazon

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In most cases no
Stens do an aftermarket one part No X0922 which is listed at $ 733 with free shipping from All Mowers but it might not get here for a very long time as they are hopeless.
I could do it for you for $ 550 + P&P but Stens list it as currently out of stock with no ETA and I know All Mowers do not carry any parts so they will tell you they have it , take your $ 733 then a month latter tell you it is on back order .
So you might be stuck with Genuine Hustler only if any dealers have them in stock which is very unlikely .
Hustler used to be handled by RGS but from memory has now been picked up by Masport so there may be some dealers stock but I doubt it
And unless your Hustler is a current model they most likely will not carry any parts that are unique to it because they are not liable for supply parts for wholegoods they did not import .
RGS has no stock either but they do have a 6 1/2" pulley one in a Warner clutch but that is more expensive than the Stens
I could do that for you for $ 600 + P&P and it will take a week as it has to come down from QLD
This should work with your existing belt but the blades will spin a bit faster
This is the base specs of the Stens clutch.

• Belt Width1/2" or 5/8"
  • ID1 1/8"
  • Pulley Diameter 6 1/8"
  • Rotation DirectionCounter Clockwise
You could go to the other aftermarket parts supplier JAKMAX ( they have an on line catalogue ) I can not look it up for you as most of their parts were shit so I do not deal with them any more .
And before all you scream about the price these are AUSTRALIAN $ not Yankee ones .

Mad_mat222

Threads
I don’t want to replace the whole clutch assembly if it’s just the pulley that needs replacing. Seems such a waste. Surely one can be sourced from somewhere.

Parts at the moment are very hard to come by. I’m still waiting for blower parts I ordered in January 🙄

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is a Warner 5219-191 clutch so search for its replacement or visit your local mower boneyard. Looks like was made just for Hustler so it will be pricer.

And I got three months on you as I got a throttle here in the US that been on BO since Sept 2022.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The problem is the OP is in Australia and not US based so his sources are quite different than our US base sources. Also exchange rates and other fees at considerable amount to the costs.

For me I would be replacing with the original Warner clutch as is a lower then the Xtreme clutch if the customer didn't want to upgrade.
1697460509773.png
1697460604110.png

Mad_mat222

Threads
The problem is I would rather pay $50 to replace a pulley than $700 for a complete assembly. Just seems a waster of money to replace something that isn’t broken. Kind of like buying a new engine because the harmonic balancer is shot.

So if anyone knows where I could source a pulley would be much appreciated. Surely there is a manufacturer out there.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well you can just replace the pulley as it riveted to the armature leaf springs which are in turn riveted to the armature. So the pulley, leaf springs, and armature must be replaced as a set.
1697490281151.png