Husqvarna

tscalzo

Forum Newbie
Threads
What do people who own Husqvarna Lawn Tractors think of them? Any problems to report?

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Husqvarna tractors are made by AYP (american yard products) which also make craftsman, poulan and various others.
You will find all the various tractors will have different colour, labels and different price depending what you want.
Personally i dont like them. Steering is heavy seems to have a lot of play. Transmission are built to a price and can fail quite easily.
All moving parts like levers seem to produce loads of play.
Best bet would be a cub cadet or toro imo.

tscalzo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have read of numerous poor quality items of Cub Cadet that ranks them below many others. What about John Deere and Toro makes it better? What about Snapper?

TnHusky

Threads
Husqvarna tractors are made by AYP (american yard products) which also make craftsman, poulan and various others.
You will find all the various tractors will have different colour, labels and different price depending what you want.
Personally i dont like them. Steering is heavy seems to have a lot of play. Transmission are built to a price and can fail quite easily.
All moving parts like levers seem to produce loads of play.
Best bet would be a cub cadet or toro imo.

Man, not what I found when I was researching for mowers. Husqvarna was one of the better Lawn Tractors. As far as tranny goes, mine is a K57R Tuff Torq which is beefed up version from there K46. I actually haven't mowed yet but as far as driving around the yard I think it's a very tight mower.
Cub was not rated as well, I'm just say'n.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can only go by mechanics point and not a sales point due to the problems i see most days.
I find the cubs, mtd, yardman and lawnflite product very well built and reliable product.

The toro product over here is built in europe so different models to over in usa and very responsive and reliable.
AYP tractors usually came with a hydrogear box which was a sealed unit and would give drive problems.

The tuff torq is a good box but has the same problem if oil is not changed as in lack of drive uphills after a few years.

Also over here the price of AYP is expensive conpared to other product so you get better value from other product.

Threads
Man, not what I found when I was researching for mowers. Husqvarna was one of the better Lawn Tractors. As far as tranny goes, mine is a K57R Tuff Torq which is beefed up version from there K46. I actually haven't mowed yet but as far as driving around the yard I think it's a very tight mower.

Cub has went down hill over the years. I like the new Husqvarna mowers with the fab decks on them.

TnHusky

Threads
Cub has went down hill over the years. I like the new Husqvarna mowers with the fab decks on them.

I'll agree, even the deck thats on my mower seemed alot sturdier than the cub, this the reason I chose what I did. Most of the problems I saw with the cub's were the deck's themself.

Attachments

• 101_0604.jpg
    101_0604.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 21

Jimmyjo

Threads

>Is your tractor the YTH24K48? Looked at one yesterday and really liked it. Getting away from the K46 hydro is a real plus. What I'm afraid of is the Kohler engine. Would really like to hear what you think of this tractor after useing it. I heard that some dealers can get this with a Kawaski. That would really make it a Deere killer.

TnHusky

Threads
>Is your tractor the YTH24K48? Looked at one yesterday and really liked it. Getting away from the K46 hydro is a real plus. What I'm afraid of is the Kohler engine. Would really like to hear what you think of this tractor after useing it. I heard that some dealers can get this with a Kawaski. That would really make it a Deere killer.

I watched a video where they ran a craftsman lawn tractor with a Kohler Courage engine over 3000 miles across the country and never once had a engine problem. I've heard horror stories about the engine and actually saw a couple failed several years ago but supposedly they have that fixed. I know on the single cylinders there were troubles but again they are fixed now I think, or at least I hope. I've heard a lot of bad stories on the newer Briggs engines and a few on the Kawaski, the plastic cam gears and slinging magnets from the flywheel. I guess if you dig enough you'll hit dirt almost anywhere.
Our local Farmers Co-op sells Cub Cadets with the Kolher engines and he said they never had trouble from the bigger engines anyways.
So back to the question at hand, Yes I have the YTH24K48 and I've done some yard work but haven't had a chance to mow yet but I really like the tractor so far. And this tractor has the K57R transmission which is a beefed up version of the K46. I actually went to Tuff Torq web site and looked it up. I can say it's very quiet and there is no whine whatsoever in the drivetrain.